Collaboration can be a powerful tool for nonprofits seeking to increase their impact and sustain their missions. Funders are increasingly aware that supporting collaborations can be a highly-leveraged form of capacity building. Join us for an exploratory conversation to learn more about the framework and impact of the New York City Merger, Acquisition and Collaboration Fund (“NYMAC”), the Nonprofit Repositioning Fund in Philadelphia, and the long running experience of The Lodestar Foundation supporting the funds.
Both Funds are working toward supporting mergers, acquisitions, and other long-term collaborations or formal partnerships. Some examples have also included alliances, back-office consolidations, and programmatic joint-ventures.
Please join us either in-person or by phone to hear about:
- What conditions prompted the start of these funds;
- How the nonprofit community has been able to utilize the funds;
- And, what impact it has had on organizations, social services, and the community at large.
*Audio conference call information to be shared upon registration
This conversation is intended to be a peer-to-peer learning opportunity primarily for Washington funders and nonprofit associations. Although Washington is the primary geography for this call, other funders in the Northwest are welcome to join the discussion too.
- John MacIntosh, Partner and Board Member, SeaChange Capital Partners
- Lois Savage, President, Lodestar Foundation
- Nadya K. Shmavonian, Director, Repositioning Fund
- Andrea Estes, Grants Manager, The Ballmer Group (facilitator)
Background and Resources:
N.Y. Fund Helps Charities With the Costs of Merging - The Chronicle of Philanthropy
To register, please sign in with your Philanthropy Northwest password. Click on the orange "Register Now" button. Then click on your "cart" to complete the process.