Each year, Philanthropy Northwest members and staff travel to Washington, D.C. for Foundations on the Hill to connect and build relationships with federal elected officials, educate them about philanthropy’s impact in our region, encourage them to view foundations as resources on public policy issues and connect with other funders interested in public policy.
Regardless of your experience doing policy work, we invite and encourage you to attend.
In addition to meeting with our members of Congress, Philanthropy Northwest members also enjoy unique experiences thanks to our robust relationships with government officials.
Why It’s Important
- Develop and strengthen relationships with your members of Congress.
- Convey your views on the latest legislation affecting your issues and the sector as a whole.
- Share stories about the good work your foundation is doing in the Northwest.
- Connect with other funders interested in public policy
Foundations on the Hill Schedule of Events
Monday, March 20
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm Optional meetings with officials and tours of government buildings
- 3:30 - 4:30 pm First time attendee orientation
- 5:00 - 6:30 pm Networking reception
Tuesday, March 21
- 8:15 - 11:45 a.m. Welcome and Alliance for Charitable Reform Summit for Leaders
- 11:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. Send-off to Capitol Hill
- 12 - 5 p.m. Capitol Hill meetings
Wednesday, March 22
- 7:30 - 9: a.m. Breakfast and closing program
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Capitol Hill meetings
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20001
Enjoy easy access to all the attractions of our nation's capital from this ideal location in the heart of a popular downtown neighborhood. Walk to the Capitol, Smithsonian Museums and the National Mall, tour government centers, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from the hotel.
The Forum has reserved a block of rooms for $359/ night plus tax. This discounted rate will only be available until February 27, 2017 but may sell out beforehand. We recommend making your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Regional associations of grantmakers and any IRS recognized foundations or corporate giving programs are eligible to participate in Foundations on the Hill.
If you have any questions, please contact Gloris Estrella.
Foundations on the Hill is hosted by the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers in partnership with the Council on Foundations.