Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) is a two-day convening in Washington, DC, that brings together hundreds of foundation leaders from across the country to meet with Congress to discuss issues of critical importance to philanthropy. Each year, Philanthropy Northwest leads a delegation from our region. Join us!
FOTH is presented by United Philanthropy Forum in partnership with the Council on Foundations. By attending FOTH, your organization can:
- Inform and educate Congress about philanthropy
- Advocate on issues important to your communities
- Encourage Congress to view foundations in the Northwest as resources on key public policy issues
United Philanthropy Forum and Philanthropy Northwest staff will provide training and support to delegation participants leading up to FOTH.
FOTH SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday, March 9, 2020
- 3:45 – 5:00pm Orientation for New Foundations on the Hill Participants
- 5:00 – 7:00pm Foundations on the Hill Opening Reception
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- 8:00 – 9:30am Breakfast Session
- 10:00am – 5:00pm Hill Visits
- 6:00 – 8:00pm Delegation Dinners
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- 8:00 – 9:00am Breakfast & Hill Updates
- 9:00am – 5:00pm Hill Visits
FOTH 2020 registration is $175 per person. Register here.
United Philanthropy Forum has reserved a block of rooms for FOTH participants at the JW Marriott Washington DC. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Capitol Hill. Additional details and alternate lodging options are here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
FOTH is intended for anyone serving as a staff or board member for any type of foundation or other philanthropic organization, including but not limited to community foundations, family foundations, private independent foundations and corporate foundations and giving programs. No prior legislative advocacy experience is necessary; Philanthropy Northwest staff provide training and support to our delegates before and throughout the event. Find out more about the Philanthropy Northwest delegation in our FAQs.
For questions about FOTH and joining the Philanthropy Northwest delegation, please contact Meredith Higashi.