Get on the Map
The "Get on the Map" campaign — a partnership between Philanthropy Northwest, the Forum for Regional Association of Grantmakers and Foundation Center — is a data-sharing initiative dedicated to boosting the quality and availability of fresh, detailed grantmaking data across the Forum Network. Its mission: To improve the quality, timeliness and availability of rich grant data for and about funders in our region.
Through this partnership, regional associations of grantmakers can run their own peer-led campaigns to recruit members to share grants data using Foundation Center's eReporting Standard. The data is then centralized at Foundation Center and made freely accessible to all members in the region through the Foundation Maps platform — a highly interactive and searchable mapping tool.
Foundation Maps will provide complete and up-to-date answers to questions like:
- Who else is funding a particular issue in our region?
- What organizations are tackling that issue?
- Where are the funding gaps?
- Who may be natural collaborators?
- And much more...
This monthly webinar series is scheduled to help guide any funders interested in getting on the map. We will walk through instructions for sharing all the necessary grants data to make your regional map come to life.
- Brief introduction to the “Get on the Map” campaign
- Short demo of the Grantmakers of Oregon and SW Washington regional map
- Instructions for how to electronically report your grants data
Most grant management software platforms have created a pre-formatted export function that will pull the necessary grants data automatically. To find instructions for your platform, visit http://foundationcenter.org/ereporting/partners.