THIS TRAINING IS SOLD OUT! WE WILL OFFER IT AGAIN IN THE FALL.
Considering diverse perspectives and experiences is critical to effective grantmaking and foundation programming. Practicing equity requires a slowing down to reflect on the ways we can facilitate a more equitable and inclusive grantmaking process. In this hands-on training, you will:
- Identify ways to apply an equity lens to design programs and grantmaking strategies that are inclusive and accessible to communities of color and underserved populations.
- Gain understanding of racial equity in the context of philanthropy.
- Practice with case-studies and personal role dilemmas that are important to build your capacity to incorporate an equity lens into your work.
- Hear from a practitioner in philanthropy that is incorporating equity work into their programs and grantmaking.
- Take home skills and tools that will help you take action in applying an equity lens in your role and grantmaking practice.
This training is designed for mid- to senior-level foundation program staff who are at the beginning of their thinking about how to apply equity in the practice of grantmaking and program development. The context is designed to focus on the individual role and the practice of equity in grantmaking.