Join RA staff and members to hear from the Council on Foundations about a recent survey from the Urban Institute on Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) managed by community foundations. The survey results will help provide a full picture on the importance of DAFs to communities nationwide and will help to address the following questions that lawmakers often have about DAFs:
- How do community foundations use DAFs to support charitable activity?
- How do DAFs encourage new and non-traditional investors to become involved in organized philanthropy?
- To what extent do families use DAFs to engage the next generation in philanthropy and community affairs?
- Do DAFs increase the capacity of host organizations to respond to community emergencies and to play a leadership role in public-private partnerships?
- Do DAFs allow host organizations to take a multi-year strategy in dealing with a tough issue that cannot be immediately solved?
Also during this brief webinar, we will hear from RA leaders about how they are using this information to educate policymakers.
This webinar is open to both RA staff and members.
Moderator: Dave Biemesderfer, Florida Philanthropic Network
Registration deadline: October 9th