Created in 2015, Seattle City Club's Livable Neighborhoods Civic Boot Camp addresses Seattle’s commitment to sustainable neighborhoods. We explore green space, food access, historical and cultural preservation, transit and walkability, and housing and development. The focus is on Seattle’s fastest growing neighborhood, Cascade-South Lake Union, and tackles issues of change in the area's economy, demographics, ecology and culture.
The day includes historical tours, networking and individual action planning. Civic Boot Camp activities include:
- A tour of neighborhood historical sites by Historic Seattle
- An introduction to civic life in the city
- A luncheon panel discussion featuring community leaders
- Small group discussion sessions
- Networking opportunities
- Philanthropy training with the Seattle Foundation
- Happy hour
The all day session includes: breakfast, lunch, beverages, tour and admission fees, materials and resources.
This is event is organized by Seattle City Club. Contact them with questions at cityclub@SeattleCityClub.org.