Please join us for the next Philanthropy Northwest Montana-Idaho-Wyoming Funders Group call. Now in its eighth year, the goal of each teleconference is to share information about critical issues and opportunities in each state and to promote, facilitate and build relationships that inspire collaboration and change in the region.
This bimonthly series is supported by Philanthropy Northwest members as a way to extend and deepen our involvement with funders in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. The agenda for each teleconference is created by participants, for participants. The suggestions below have been made by your peers or are themes that emerged during our previous calls:
- Collective impact and exploration of funder collaborations in the region
- Measuring the impact of grantmaking and adjustment of grantmaking strategies
- Indian country and native nonprofit leadership
- Broadband access in rural communities – harnessing broadband access for community change
- Health and health services
- Early childhood education models and examples of successful after school programs
- Impact investing
- Homelessness, housing, and community development
Please help us co-create the agenda for our calls in 2016. Contact Paul Kim with any questions, suggestions or to discuss potential topics.
- Dial-in: Please note that we are now using a new teleconference system. Dial-in information provided upon registration.
- Eligibility: This program is appropriate for Philanthropy Northwest members, including state and regional nonprofit associations. Non-member philanthropic institutions are also invited. This event is not open to the public.
Agenda for April 2016 Call:
10:30 – 10:50 a.m. Introduction
- Round Robin – Who is on the call?
10:50 – 11:20 a.m. Peer Updates
Each participants will share current priorities and highlight projects that you would like the group to know about.
- Are there any new or promising initiatives you’re exploring?
- What is exciting in your work right now?
- Looking ahead – what are you excited about in 2016?
- Are you struggling with any strategic or operational questions that you’d like peer feedback on?
11:20 - 11:40 a.m. Recap from the Rural Funders Convening in Nebraska
Philanthropy in rural communities - Lyn Hunter and others will share their learning and experience from the event.
11:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Wrap-Up and Group Discussion
Save the Date:
Our Next Call is scheduled for Thursday, June 23, 2016 from 1030 to 1200 MST (0930 - 1100 PST)
For more information about the Funders Group call, volunteer to lead a conversation or to propose a topic, please contact Paul Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-443-8437.