Hiring Organization Information
September 4, 2019
Job Announcement: Administrative Coordinator
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. Come and work for an organization that is working to create a community where people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our Development Team and be part of the solution!
This Administrative Coordinator supports the work of the Development staff in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. Major areas of focus are donor correspondence, event management, data management, and volunteer support. Works specifically with Gift Accounting and Support Services, Brand Management, and with other members of the Development Team.
- Coordinates with Brand and Development Team to support numerous types of events. Event support includes mailing or emailing invites, ensuring invitation lists are reviewed and accurate, tracking guest lists and RSVPs, creating nametags, staffing events and handling event registration, and compiling day-of materials as necessary.
- Creates and maintains expeditious flow of thank you and solicitation mailings to donors. Works with Development staff to personalize thank you and solicitation mailings. Ensures thank you and solicitation letters are correct and mailed out within an established time frame.
- Coordinates with Pledge Processing to ensure accurate and timely processing of donations, and requests fast pays.
- Build and maintain CRM Advanced Finds in support of the team.
- Researches inquiries from team members regarding pledges, sponsorships, and other gifts, as well as companies and individuals United Way hopes to engage as donors.
- Requests data from data analysis staff and prepares lists for mailing and/or publications, ensures continuity and accuracy of data standards. Updates and tracks information pertaining to donors, volunteers, and prospects in the databases.
- Tracks events, mailings, and electronic communication. Organizes information for historical purposes.
- Works with the Enterprise donor database and CRM system to assess account information; maintains records; updates account information and mailing lists.
- Answers telephone inquiries, makes proper referrals, and performs general office administration work. Maintains confidentiality of job-related information.
- Supports special ad hoc projects annually such as supporting the implementation of a new technical product and working with the Development team managing customer accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; understands correct usage of grammar, business English, basic math and has strong proofreading skills.
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Skilled in preparing mail and email merges. Previous CRM database work, MS PowerPoint, Access, relational database skills, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment, and across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to complete complex projects without intensive instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent certification supplemented by completion of an advanced course in administrative, clerical or related field. Three years’ experience in administrative, data processing or related work required.
The annual recruitment range is $40,500 - $42,500 depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. Union membership (UFCWU Local 21) is required. Priority will be given to applications received by Friday, September 13th, however, applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Don’t hesitate, apply today.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
Additionally, we offer a full package of competitive benefits for our full-time, regular staff. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance services
- Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
- 10 paid scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday and 1 discretionary day off
- Catastrophic leave
- Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
- 403(b) retirement savings plan and employer match
- Other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply