Hiring Organization Information
About Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Located on 240 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River, Oxbow’s mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations. We have recently adopted a ten-year vision to dramatically increase our impact and reach, and to diversify our sources of funding. We seek to become a vibrant hub for inspiration and learning, known for our creative and engaging year-round programming – a source for real-time practices that promote climate resilience and excite people to make choices in support of healthy food and a sustainable environment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center seeks a Bookkeeping Assistant to assist the Finance & Operations (F&O) Team. Working closely with the F&O Manager, the Bookkeeping Assistant will perform basic bookkeeping, reporting, filing, and other administrative tasks. This position oversees data collection and entry into QuickBooks to keep financial operations running smoothly and efficiently in an organized and timely manner.
This is a full-time regular position, with health, dental, PTO and 403b benefits. Some weekend work may be required.
Bookkeeping, approximately 70% of job function
- Perform daily financial transactions including recording all accounts receivable, preparing customer invoices and/or purchase orders provided by each program area, payment collection, and following up with customers
- Perform weekly accounts payable by entering bills and payment requests and reporting weekly payables to the F&O Manager
- Preparation of bank deposits and recording of EFT transactions
- Support the F&O team in coding expenditures and generating monthly expense and income reports
- Excel data entry to assist Program team and F&O team functionality, organizing data for grant reporting and program reporting metrics
- Assist the F&O Manager with timely month-end closing and reconciliation, quarterly financial reporting to the Board of Directors, and reporting for annual company audits
- Maintain inventories of vehicles, equipment, merch, and office supplies for best accounting practices
- Up-keep of physical and digital files, including the organization’s QuickBooks file
Office Administration, approximately 30% of job function
- Provide a welcoming presence and high-quality customer service to guests and visitors, answering telephones, emails, and checking voicemails
- Collect & compile payroll data into internal spreadsheet
- As needed, assist hiring managers with recruitment tasks
- Assist the F&O Manager with maintaining personnel files
- Support staff with IT needs by facilitating communication with our IT provider
- Ensure office space and all systems work effectively (phones, internet, etc.) and everyone has what they need to do their jobs well
- As needed, assist the F&O Manager with equipment setup and benefits administration
- 2+ years bookkeeping experience in a professional office environment
- Passion for problem solving, finding inefficiencies and creating and improving systems
- Positive professional attitude and flexibility
- Commitment to 100% follow-through
- Clear and consistent communication
- Office 365 skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, SharePoint navigation)
- QuickBooks knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, analytical, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask in a busy environment
- A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Oxbow is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of Oxbow’s mission.
Oxbow provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Oxbow is committed to fostering a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.