Hiring Organization Information
About Washington Nonprofits
Washington Nonprofits is the state association for all nonprofits in Washington. At Washington Nonprofits, we believe in the power of strong nonprofits to strengthen their communities. Our mission is to make sure nonprofits have what they need to succeed. Washington Nonprofits has three main goals: deliver high impact learning opportunities for nonprofits of all sizes, be a voice for nonprofits in public policy, and convene nonprofits in ways that strengthen their impact. We achieve these goals with a strong commitment to equity, inclusion, and respect for regional differences. Our organizational culture is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and results-oriented. We value and support learning and professional growth and offer flexible hours and telecommuting options.
This position will manage communications, working collaboratively with our staff team and graphic designer. The Communications Manager joins a small, committed team of professionals who make sure nonprofits have what they need to succeed in Washington state.
The Communications Manager will work well in teams and bring ideas and initiative to the position. They will develop and implement our communications strategy across a number of platforms. Our communications goals include growing membership, advocating on behalf of nonprofits, and driving participation in learning events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Washington Nonprofits brand, including brand integrity and visibility across the organization, and training staff on brand and messaging standards.
- Oversee storytelling efforts.
- Manage, design, edit and publish Washington Nonprofits’ print and electronic communications including e-newsletters, annual reports, advocacy alerts, research reports, and other publications and collateral.
- Serve as quality control and editor on print materials and website.
- Manage strategy, design, and content development for Washington Nonprofits’ website and digital media platforms.
- Facilitate member learning and sharing through various electronic and social media tools.
- Member of a team responsible for growing Washington Nonprofits’ membership and increase participation in learning programs.
- Manage marketing and promotion for the Washington State Nonprofit Conference and the Central Washington Conference for the Greater Good.
- Manage, and strategize, and monitor all Washington Nonprofits social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Track progress and effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
Public & Media Relations
- Promote Washington Nonprofits to the nonprofit sector, policymakers and the public.
- Develop and manage content, messaging, and storytelling about the nonprofit community for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and carry out media strategy, including developing and driving media calendar, media relations and tracking press coverage.
- Act as a key liaison between Washington Nonprofits and media contacts throughout Washington.
- Promote Washington Nonprofits and its staff in the media.
- Support and coordinate with other programs, including participating in the annual conference and other key events.
- As a member of the WN staff team, work on special projects throughout the year.
- Represent the organization at events, which may include some travel throughout Washington State.
If you possess some of the qualifications below and have a strong interest in learning about the other areas of the job, we encourage you to apply.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project planning, critical thinking and problem solving; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Skilled in visual design. Experience with design software and WordPress preferred.
- Proficient in using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong comfort using technology, including cloud-based apps and software.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car or ability to rent a car as needed for travel.
General Skills and Requirements for all Washington Nonprofit Staff
- Commitment to our mission.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) is required. Experience with membership databases, MailChimp, and Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Ability to travel within state.
- Some moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be required on an occasional basis.