Hiring Organization Information
Founded in 1985, NW Children’s Foundation (NWCF, www.nwcf.org) is a public foundation based in Seattle, WA. Our grantmaking, events and outreach focus on prevention, intervention and treatment programs aimed at ending the intergenerational cycle of child maltreatment and helping children and families to thrive. Our grants support a range of high-performing nonprofits and our education and policy events bring leaders together to facilitate collaboration and improve outcomes for all children. NWCF is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) principles and is focused on ensuring that this is reflected in all our work.
• NWCF’s educational outreach and convening work is growing annually. This year’s annual NWCF Forum was held virtually and had an audience of more than 1,500 from across the country and beyond.
• We invest approximately $1M per year in grants to 65-75 child-serving direct-service agency partners. Our model is drawn from principles of Trust-Based Philanthropy; our process is highly collaborative and participatory.
NWCF is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that does not discriminate against any employee, board member, or applicant based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NW Children’s Foundation is dedicated to fostering a dynamic environment that values inclusion, equity, and respect.
Are you eager to put your skills to work for a prominent, rapidly growing philanthropic foundation with high-impact programs dedicated to preventing and mitigating childhood trauma? Do you want to work in a caring, supportive environment with team-oriented colleagues who share a passion for making the world a better place?
NWCF is seeking a motivated nonprofit professional to take our communications and marketing to the next level. A successful Communications and Marketing Manager is a self-starter who demonstrates ambition and internal drive, can work independently in a collaborative environment, and approaches communications with care and creativity. Experience with the child welfare field is a significant plus for this job. We are a small office (six employees and growing), and therefore all staff members are doers and collaborators. This highly effective individual will work to create and execute NWCF’s communications and marketing efforts, with a focus on writing and editing internal and external communication.
1. Organizational Planning and Implementation: Lead development and implementation of communications and marketing strategy, including evaluation of organization-wide communications, annual communications calendar, and marketing plan.
2. Communication and Marketing: Oversee, manage and execute all communication efforts for NWCF, ensuring that all communications and marketing collateral are aligned with NWCF’s mission, values and brand.
• Lead, coordinate and produce organization-wide materials (program, fundraising and marketing), including newsletters, emails, brochures, annual report and other materials as needed.
• Serve as writer and in-house editor to ensure quality control and consistent messaging.
• Collaborate with team members to ensure integrated, strategic marketing and fundraising campaigns.
• Manage video and photo production related to communication plan and events.
• Develop and implement media relations plan to build visibility of NWCF programs and partners.
3. Website, Social Media and Online Presence: Plan and implement overall organization website and social-media strategy; oversee its management, content and maintenance.
• Manage and develop content and implement improvements to website usability, and performance.
• Develop and implement social media strategy and annual calendar for all social media outlets.
• Monitor and manage online presence – i.e. blogs, Charity Navigator, GuideStar, etc.
1. 5+ years’ experience in communications and marketing; experience in nonprofit sector and child welfare field highly desirable.
2. Outstanding writing and editing skills and design sense, with a demonstrated ability to produce effective written, visual and oral communications for multiple audiences.
3. Proficiency in developing website strategy, managing and producing web content, and strategically using social media and e-marketing tools to achieve organizational goals.
4. Knowledge of EDI principles, and preferably experience with their application in an organizational setting.
5. Demonstrated personal integrity and ability to handle confidential information; exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
6. Excellent computer skills and facility with MS Office applications and design and production software.
7. Other desirable qualifications include a background in public and media relations, video and visual asset production experience, and experience building/working with fundraising and/or investment frameworks.