Hiring Organization Information
Job Title: Client Services Supervisor
Department: Chicken Soup Brigade
FLSA Classification: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Salary Band: $44,000 - $66,000 DOE
Location: Seattle-Georgetown- Seattle, WA
Lifelong is a community health organization committed to removing barriers to health with relentless compassion so that no one faces illness and injustice alone.
We lead with heart. Our respect for people drives our mission. For over 35 years, Lifelong has fought health inequity with relentless compassion. We work to remove barriers to health for all people, so that no one faces illness and injustice alone. Our comprehensive services include food and nutrition, healthcare navigation, aging and disability support, and connection to housing and other vital resources.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated people to join our talented team and make real, meaningful change in the daily lives of those living with chronic and life-threatening illnesses in their community.
Lifelong offers exceptional benefits, including paid time off, medical, and dental coverage in addition to a balanced work-life integration.
The Client Services Supervisor (CSS) works closely with and reports to the CSB Manager of Nutrition and Client Services to support the work of the client services team. The CSS works closely with the Distribution Specialist to ensure client deliveries are successful. Support the CSB Manager of Nutrition and Client Services in identifying community partners to collaborate and expand program reach and ensuring that all contract deliverables are met. The CSS provides oversight and staff supervision to ensure daily tasks and team projects are assigned and carried out smoothly and effectively ensuring maximum productivity across the team. Up to 40% of this role includes performing daily client services tasks (16 hours per week). This includes answering and returning client phone calls, enrolling clients in services, making changes to client services in a client data base and working with referring partners such as case managers and social workers. The CSS assists with hiring, training and supervising staff. This is a full-time, non-exempt, non-union, regular position.
- Supervise client services staff (Care Advocates and Client Services Coordinator)
- Assist with the hiring and training of new staff.
- Create systems, process updates and written direction and scripts to lead the CS Team. Participate in process improvement by creating, revising, and executing procedures to assure quality and efficiency in services.
- Represent CSB in community forums.
- Schedule and coordinate multidisciplinary team meetings
- Serve as a client ally in the process of enrolling in services. Always represent the needs of clients to the CSB leadership team.
- Manage employee performance by providing clear and concise job expectations and providing timely feedback, including conducting annual job performance evaluations
- Create positive and collaborative team morale and culture
- Enforce policies and procedures, mediate client conflicts and address client grievances in a timely manner
- Act as a link between the CSB Distribution and Client Services teams
- Ensure monthly client services data entry is completed on time including trackers and database entries; complete monthly reports as assigned
- Uphold professional boundaries, professional ethics and strict confidentiality protocols
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to be creative and try new things.
- Strong internal motivation and ability to be a self-starter; confident in initiating new projects.
- Confident in boundary setting
- Ability to put long range planning processes in place.
- Identify systems gaps and propose improvements, problem solving and learning from attempts, failing forward.
- Ability to manage remotely, supporting and holding staff accountable for their success and work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to make time-sensitive decisions using a client centered approach
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with individuals who experience health disparities
- Comfortable working with individuals along the entire continuum of diversity.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of relevant, supervisory experience
- Two years of experience must be related to similar work with the public in a direct service setting.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Experience working in or managing a call center and/or managing a fast paced and dynamic service based environment
- Demonstrated competence, as evidenced through previous experience, working with clients with psychiatric disabilities, chemical dependency and/or life-challenging illness.
- Possess an understanding of professional boundaries.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Tigrinya and/or Amharic a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasional need to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Currently, the work environment requires the employee work primarily remotely. The employee will need to have reliable Wi-Fi and may also need to have their own personal computing device. The employee may also be asked to wear or use personal protective equipment to prevent disease transmission when necessary.
Lifelong is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. As such we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.