Hiring Organization Information
Position: Development Associate
Status: 20-25 hours/week, temporary six-month term (mid-March to mid-September)
Reports to: Executive Director
Spark Northwest is seeking a dynamic Development Associate to join our small staff of local clean energy innovators for a six-month period. The Development Associate will help advance the Spark Northwest fundraising and communications plan while the Development and Communications Director is on Family Medical Leave.
Founded in 2001, Spark Northwest accelerates the shift to clean energy one community at a time. We work with community-based groups, local government, and utilities to design and implement clean energy projects that shift power and wealth to marginalized communities in Oregon and Washington. Please visit sparknorthwest.org to learn more.
Manage Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Manage our ongoing 2021 fundraising plan including donor acknowledgement, donor profile updates, collateral and distribution of e-appeals, and donor moves management.
- Oversee fundraising events including the online GiveBig event in May, the continuation of recurring virtual trivia nights and help plan for a fall anniversary live event.
- Use Salesforce to track donor engagement.
- Support the board’s Fundraising and Communications Committee.
- Reconcile Salesforce data with accounting staff.
Coordinate Spark Northwest External Communications
- Manage the Spark Northwest social media profiles including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Create content for and distribute monthly newsletters and Program Updates.
- Monitor and update Spark Northwest website as needed.
- Promote and organize outreach events like the 2021 Virtual Trivia Night series.
- Provide support to Program staff as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for creating solutions for our most pressing energy, environmental, and social justice challenges. They will be a team player and a motivated self-starter, and will thrive in a fast-paced and lively organization.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have demonstrated fundraising experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy engaging with the community through social media
- Have experience with Wordpress and Salesforce
- Are comfortable using MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Demonstrate initiative and can self-manage and work remotely
We value but don’t require:
- Have a passion for clean energy and justice
- Have lived experience in low-wealth, immigrant, rural or marginalized communities
- Knowledge of clean energy (esp. solar, energy efficiency)
- Experience working with/in non-profits