Hiring Organization Information
Do you want to help create access to resources and opportunities for students who are furthest from educational justice? Are you passionate about addressing immediate and systemic barriers to create and sustain equitable outcomes? Do you bring a social justice lens and a community-centered focus to working with donors and foundations? Have we got the team for you!
For 25 years, Communities In Schools of Renton-Tukwila has been striving for equity in educational opportunities empowering students to break through personal challenges so they can define the future they want. As an organization rooted in equity, our vision is that one day success will no longer be predictable based on one’s race or socioeconomic status.
Over the past three years, we have experienced significant growth going from supporting 12 schools to 22 with a 68% growth in revenue. This is an exciting time to join our team as we have recently expanded into our third school district, supporting Lake Washington. We are seeking an experienced, positive, and flexible fundraising leader to join our team and help us continue our growth. The Development Director’s primary focus is oversight of all individual and corporate donor stewardship and cultivation. However, serving on a leadership team of three in a highly collaborative environment, this position will have the opportunity to engage in many aspects of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive annual development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including individuals, businesses and corporations
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base
- Establish and execute donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship plans
- Manage all aspect of three annual appeals
- Maintain monthly communication to our monthly donors while focusing attention to grow this database
- Oversee and manage special event planning and execution of our annual fundraising breakfast, Wine & Brews and Block Party events, which includes creating sponsorship opportunities to attract/retain support from the business community
- Develop and apply a “moves management” portfolio-based individual cultivation plan approach to top donors and prospects
- Volunteer management, which includes coordinating volunteers and maintaining ongoing communication
- Serve as lead for the Board’s Development Committee, serving as the initial and primary point of contact for prospective board members and supporting the onboarding process
- Responsible for website and social media communication
BENEFITS: Medical/dental with 100% employee premium paid by organization, vacation, sick, holidays and retirement plan.
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed upon receiving and open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CISR-T is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. At CISR-T, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and utilize their strengths. We know our organization is successful due to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees. CISR-T’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected across our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment; it is the foundation of what we do.
- 3+ years of increasing responsibility in nonprofit fundraising
- Ability to multi-task with high degree of project and time-management capacity to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational, communications, problem-solving, and analytical skills with outstanding attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Passion for building and maintaining relationships with donors
- Both strategic and attentive to detail