Hiring Organization Information
Outdoors for All transforms lives for children and adults with disabilities by making it possible to have fun in the outdoors, experience new things, and connect with others.
We provide adaptive and therapeutic recreation programs such as skiing, cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, and more. Each year we enrich the lives of over 2,900 participants of all ages and abilities thanks to the help of over 850 volunteers.
The Development Manager will implement a strategic annual fund, marketing, and grant management plan, in coordination with the Associate Executive Director and Events & Marketing Coordinator, to secure the resources necessary to meet organizational fundraising objectives and further Outdoors for All’s mission. This role reports to the Associate Executive Director.
- Create and implement annual giving plan and activities through donor engagement and solicitation activities such as direct mail, recurring giving, online giving, donor newsletters, and annual report
- In association with the Associate Executive Director and others, cultivate and steward donors to contribute to Outdoors for All. Support opportunities for management and board members to connect with prospective and existing major gift donors
- Manage grant applications, tracking, reports, and relationships with key funder
- In conjunction with Associate Executive Director, identify list of top prospects for individual donors, foundations and corporate giving and develop personalized cultivation strategies for each of these prospects
- Assist with the administration of gifts and grants including database management and gift acknowledgment and reporting
- Provide key role in the coordination and promotion of fundraising and stewardship events
Communication Management & Community Outreach
- Develop and manage organizational, strategic communication materials including general outreach materials and website content
- Oversee social media efforts
- Write, edit and oversee the production and delivery of internal communications such as donor newsletters and appeals
- Manage marketing and organizational communications within budget guidelines.
- Oversee all elements of branding and communications
- In consultation with the Associate Executive Director and other staff, create and adhere to specific budget guidelines for marketing
- Manage event coordinator, intern(s), administrative assistant(s) and volunteers in planning for campaigns and events, delivery of day-of event details and post-campaign and event wrap-up
- Develop project work plans, provide regular progress reports during campaigns and wrap-up recommendation reports at the conclusions of campaigns. In consultation with other staff, incorporate campaign and special event plans and goals into the organization’s comprehensive Resource Development and Communications Plans and annual budget
- Provides accounting information required for accurate tracking including receipts, correspondence, records of in-kind donations and other documentation
- Participate fully as a member of the Outdoors for All staff team
- Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures
- Participate on committees such as the Auction Committee, Marketing Committee sub-committees and task forces that support foundation development efforts
- Drive Outdoors for All vehicles in support of the delivery of special events
- Other duties as identified
Contact us for more information.