Hiring Organization Information
OneAmerica is a Seattle-based nonprofit whose mission is to advance the fundamental principles of democracy and justice by building power within immigrant communities. Founded in the wake of September 11, 2001 by U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal, OneAmerica has grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in furthering immigrant, civil and human rights. Our work today is more important than ever, and OneAmerica is growing and becoming stronger to meet the current political challenge. Join a dynamic team leading the local resistance and play a key role in our organizational growth.
OneAmerica is seeking a self-motivated Development Manager to play a strong role in building resources, membership and communications reach by leading our grassroots fundraising program. The successful candidate will be goal oriented, a talented storyteller, value data and strategic information, and be an experienced fundraiser driven to learn more.
- Create and execute a multi-channel annual fund program that includes email, mail, social media, peer to peer fundraising, and phone outreach– 50%
- Support the Annual Celebration fundraising event in collaboration with Development Director – 20%
- Cultivate and solicit a pool of midlevel and major donors - 10%
- Manage Salesforce database system, donation processing, and donor acknowledgements – 10%
- Manage a part time Development Assistant to accurately track donations and acknowledge donors
- Partner with communications team to create marketing and development collateral – 10%
Salary range $56,000 - $63,000
Comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability; Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 403(b) retirement plan; 5 weeks paid time off, paid family leave, ORCA transit card or vehicle stipend and opportunities for sabbatical.
- Demonstrated direct experience fundraising– database knowledge and interest an asset
- Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Creativity and interest in writing and storytelling to inspire action and uplift immigrant voices
- A desire to set goals and exceed them, and a willingness to fail and to try again
- Ability to execute routine administrative procedures with a focus on smooth and efficient operation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and a commitment to professional conduct
- Passion for social justice and building power in immigrant communities
- Bilingual or multilingual skills a plus!