Hiring Organization Information
Centro Integral Educativo Latino de Olympia
Are you passionate about advancing equity and social justice for Latino immigrants and others, living on the margins of our community? CIELO invites applicants for its new Development Officer position. We are looking for someone with experience who can communicate the heart of our mission and ensure that all fundraising activities are consistent with our vision, values, and policies. "The Holistic Educational Latino Center of Olympia," as our name stands for in Spanish, was founded in 1996. CIELO has grown into an integrated multi-faceted agency designed to meet the complex needs of Latino immigrants. The immigrant and Limited English Proficient (LEP) experience is is unique, therefore requires a holistic approach to addressing their needs. CIELO strives to respond to all community members with an inclusive, family-driven, survivor-centered, and trauma-informed practice. All clients bring their distinct challenges, hopes, and strengths as they navigate systems.
"Equity, inclusion, and social justice for Latinos in the South Sound community."
CIELO promotes community, self-sufficiency, and leadership to Latinos in the South Puget
Integrity, Inclusion, Diversity, Respect, Self-determination, Collaboration, Flexibility, and Social
In partnership with Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead fundraising efforts as CIELO continues to grow. A new position, the Development Officer will have the opportunity to build the Development position. The Development Officer will develop short-term and long-term fundraising plans, while incorporating CIELO’s policies and procedures, mission and vision in development and implementation of those plans.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, research, and cultivate funding sources and relationships to include corporate, foundation, religious and community organizations, and individuals in support of CIELO and its activities.
- Develop solicitation materials and prepare funding applications to various sources.
- Report requirements of secured funding to ED and/or Leadership team.
- Establish and implement an annual calendar of fundraising and grant-writing activities to include organizations and program special events.
- Secure financial investment from individuals, corporations, and corporations, meeting or exceeding annual budgeted goals.
- Develop and steward ongoing donor relationships.
- Oversee special events.
- Manage and oversee LGL data entry and prompt gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Develop, track proposals and reports for foundations and corporate donors.
- Provides professional leadershipand training to board and staff, particularly in major donor stewardship and development.
- Fosters an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
- Develops a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA, CFRE preferred
- 5 years Development experience
- Proven track record of effectively gaining the respect and support of donors, board members, staff, and community members.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, organizational skills, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and donor database programs.
- Understanding and proficiency in the use of the internet for social media communications and online fundraising.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- Pass required WA State background check
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- A sensitivity to and ability to respond appropriately to cultural differences of donors, prospects, and staff
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in job related activities
- Willingness to take direction
- Ability to work well with others and establish respectful relationships