Hiring Organization Information
Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused on safely reducing the need for foster care and building Communities of Hope for children and families across America. Founded in 1966, we work in 50 states, the District of Columbia and two territories and with more than a dozen tribal nations to influence long-lasting improvements to the safety and success of children, families and the communities where they live. Casey Family Programs values inclusion, diversity, equity, and respect for individuals in the workplace. We encourage candidates with diverse lived experience and perspectives to apply.
Casey Family Programs requires a COVID-19 vaccination for in-person work. Therefore, all employees will be required to present proof of vaccination status unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.
The Director, Technology Service Desk (internally known as Director of Customer Service & Support) is responsible for the operation of the Service Desk for IT services and applications across the organization including end-user education and self service offerings. This position is focused on providing a customer-focused, efficient, and effective interface with the user community of Casey Family Programs demonstrating exceptional customer service and ensuring that issues and requests are managed and resolved to expectations according to well established processes.
· Manages Service Desk and QA team and their workload, including but not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching. Responsible for team’s overall performance and for motivating team to exceed department goals and objectives. 30%
· Develops and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure that established standards of quality, security, and customer services are met. Establishes, monitors, and ensures effective troubleshooting, escalation, solution, knowledge documentation, and user education processes. Responsible for administration of user accounts, enforcement of security policy and implementation of secure practice for email, accounts, and workstation usage. As owner of the Incident Management function, initiates changes to procedures to ensure quality improvement. 20%
· Responsible for end user communication of changes and new technologies, and for assuring accurate, current, and easy-to-understand end user documentation and training is available on the intranet. In collaboration with Organizational Development, designs, delivers and oversees adequate educational programs for end-user population. 15%
· Serves as the TS Liaison to multiple business units. Establish and maintain strong relationships with these teams. Develops a deep understanding of their business needs and helps customers and TS leadership align the technology portfolio to deliver the right services and features to meet our business goals. 10%
· Collaborates with IT leadership to ensure an effective Problem Management function. Leads analysis and measurement of incidents to identify underlying problems and increase of First Call Resolution. 10%
· As a member of the IT Leadership team serves as a strong voice of the customer to the team and is responsible for assuring that support and user education needs are represented and considered in technology deployments and changes. Plays a leadership role in the quality assurance and change management process. Leads the change management process to ensure changes are evaluated for risk and making sure both internal IT staff and organization staff are aware and understand the implications of the changes being made. 10%
· Undertakes other duties that are commensurate with grade and experience. 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Experience must include 5+ years’ experience in technical customer relations and support and 3+ years in a service desk or similar management role. A working knowledge of ITIL or MOF required.
- Conceptual and working technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Windows printing and networking, mobile devices, IT ticketing systems, and SharePoint. Familiarity with enterprise and software as a service (SaaS) application support, VoIP, wireless networks, and Cherwell software preferred.
- Possess strong leadership, teamwork, and management skills which include staff development, team building, conflict resolution, coaching, process improvement, problem analysis and risk assessment. Effectively manage individual and team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Excellent communication and listening skills are essential. This includes effective oral and written communication, and customer feedback and issue resolution management. Ability to communicate about technology tools and services with a wide variety of people at all levels of technical understanding and all levels of the organization including Board of Trustees and Executive staff.
- Troubleshooting skills and an ability to teach others troubleshooting methodologies.
- Proven ability to develop education plans and deliver effective training.
- Demonstrated project management experience and understanding of project management methodology.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of sensitive information by learning and following all relevant policies and protocols and using sound judgment in the handling and sharing of that information.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Local travel as well as occasional out of town travel may be required. Driving on Casey business may require use of personal vehicle; adherence to vehicle safety guidelines and qualification for insurance is required