Hiring Organization Information
New Beginnings empowers survivors and mobilizes community awareness and action to end domestic violence.
New Beginnings strives to build a meaningful, welcoming, and equitable workplace, inclusive of diverse voices, experiences and perspectives. New Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors, Black, Indigenous, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ people strongly encouraged to apply.
New Beginnings values your lived experience. To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your abilities relative to this position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled. Additional agency information available at www.newbegin.org
RESPONSIBILITY: Represent the values and mission of New Beginnings to the community with compassion and integrity. Commitment to contribute to agency efforts to promote equity and social justice. Contribute to the establishment and fulfillment of the agency’s development goals. Expand and sustain a robust individual major gifts program, developing strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward select donors and prospects. Support the Development Director, Executive Director and Board Members in managing their donor portfolios. Provide audience development support for events.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
HOURS: 40 hours/week, primarily Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend commitments.
COMPENSATION: $60,000; medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; retirement contribution; paid vacation, sick, personal and education leave.
Major Gifts (70%)
- Lead the major gifts effort, including donor prospecting, identification, research, qualifying, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors (gifts of $1,000+).
- Manage a portfolio of 75-100 current and prospective major donors and conduct regular, ongoing, one-on-one cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with donors and prospects.
- Provide leadership and strategic partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development to plan and execute their donor portfolios, including any support needed to complete cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Partner with the Executive Director, Director of Development and Board members to manage and ensure the most strategic use of their leadership and involvement in major gift stewardship, solicitation and recognition.
- Use “moves management” strategies, track all actions in the Bloomerang database, and complete timely and accurate Contact Reports following interactions with donors.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, identify metrics to measure annual and multi-years goals and progress to plan.
- Lead a monthly donor strategy meeting with the Development and Executive Directors.
- Lead the major gift strategy to meet or exceed annual and multi-year goals for major gifts, including in-person and mailed solicitations.
- Prepare solicitation planning sheets and proposals for meetings with major donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a proactive strategy for promoting and growing the Hope Network monthly giving program.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and the Donor Relationship Manager to plan and execute a department wide strategy for our October Empower appeal/campaign.
Event Support (15%)
- Recruit, solicit, cultivate, and steward Table Captains and other event ambassadors for Ignite, our signature event fundraiser each spring.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to develop strategic audience development plans as it relates to major donors.
- Provide leadership to plan and implement major donor stewardship events and house parties.
- Attend all donor engagement events, stewardship events, and house parties.
- Assist in identifying and soliciting donors for matching gift funds for events as appropriate.
- Provide hands-on assistance as needed immediately before, during, and after signature fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Annual Fund and Donor Communications Manager on print and electronic communications as appropriate.
Department Support (5%)
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and other development staff on the creation of annual development plans.
- Represent New Beginnings at community events, staffing public speaking engagements as needed.
- Collaborate with the Development team to ensure post-event engagement strategies support major gift activities.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure our development efforts advance agency equity goals.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning days and agency trainings.
- Participate in agency committee work as desired and appropriate.
- Participate in professional fundraising training opportunities.
- Provide back-up for administrative office staff for vacations: answering phones, receiving visitors, collecting and sorting daily mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Director or the Executive Director.
Willingness to learn about and promote equity and social justice within and outside of New Beginnings. Requires a minimum of four years development experience, including at least two years of successful major gifts ($1,000+) fundraising efforts. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to think strategically; ability to create and sustain strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and donors; working knowledge of Bloomerang; proficiency with MS Office products, especially Word and Excel; the ability to work well, and provide leadership, as part of a team; demonstrated success in project management; strong attention to detail; a dependable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.