Hiring Organization Information
Washington State Association for Justice (“WSAJ”) is the largest association in the Pacific Northwest committed exclusively to serving the needs of plaintiff’s attorneys. With more than 2,200 members from across the state, WSAJ is a community creating and sharing resources for its members to secure justice for their clients. WSAJ provides education, litigation support, networking and information sharing opportunities, as well as government relations and amicus representation. The organization harnesses the energy of its entire membership so that each member individually can hold wrongdoers accountable and achieve justice for their clients in the courtroom, even against powerful interests.
We stand up in the courtroom and the halls of government for real people. We defend your Constitutional rights, including the right to have your day in court. We hold corporate and other powerful interests accountable. We are a community creating and sharing resources for our members to secure justice.
We envision a world where laws protect people from negligence and harm, people have full access to the justice system in order to right wrongs, and even powerful interests are held accountable when people are harmed.
Access: Every person has their day in court.
Advocacy: Real people have a voice in the courthouse and the statehouse.
Diversity: Washington’s diversity is recognized on the bench and at the bar.
Rights: The right to trial by jury is protected and Constitutional rights are upheld and preserved.
Priorities: People are valued over profits.
Accountability: Those causing harm are held accountable for their actions.
Integrity: Truth guides the pursuit of justice.
Education: The public understands the role of the civil justice system in protecting the American way of life.
Members: Trial lawyers are respected for their effectiveness, professionalism, and compassion.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Event Planning (75%)
- Manage the WSAJ CLE and educational programming seminars which includes planning and implementing programs that provide professional development for the plaintiff bar in Washington state, including an Annual Convention in the fall with up to 350 attendees, 2-day Spring Conference in May, 2-day Winter Conference in December and monthly webinars
- Coordinate with seminar speakers on content, programming, AV, materials, travel, and logistics
- Support WSAJ business and law firm sponsorship program including selling sponsorships and exhibit space
- Organize all social events for the 3 main conferences as well as other events throughout the year
- Market all seminars and events to the membership and potential members using email, social media and video content
- Engage in yearly planning and reporting
General Operations (25%)
- Develop and upload content for the website
- Develop and execute plans to communicate with members on various resources, events, benefits, etc.
- Maintain membership database and general data input that supports membership and CLE programs
- General office support
- At least 2+ years’ experience with event planning is required
- Experience in marketing desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required; experience working with membership database, InDesign, Canva, Adobe is a plus
- Strong people and phone skills and written communications skills
- Attention to detail, organization and strong follow through and self-direction on assignments
- Ability to manage major projects and events under time sensitive deadlines
- Desire to work on a close-knit team with a long-tenured staff; an ideal candidate has a great sense of humor and takes pride in their work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary range $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience
- Full time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week
- Hybrid work schedule; 3 days in-office downtown Seattle, 2 days from home
- Must be available during standard office hours: 8:30 – 5:00PM Monday through Friday; some weekend and evening events depending on programming schedule. We believe in work-life balance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- We provide medical insurance, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, 401k with 7% employer match