Hiring Organization Information
The YWCA of Kitsap County is seeking an Executive Director to lead and advance the impact of the organization. The Executive Director will oversee and manage all aspects of the organization, including Operations, Communications, Fundraising, and Finance. The Executive Director partners with, reports to, and is accountable to the Board of Directors.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a leader with a passion and commitment to empowering women, eliminating racism, and responding to domestic violence in Kitsap County. The Executive Director will be skilled in systems thinking, social justice work, and growing an agency. The Executive director will elevate the YWCA of Kitsap County brand profile in the community with a goal of increasing community support, developing new communications strategies, and deepening relationships with past supporters, partners, and funders.
Working with the board and staff, the Executive Director will move between internal operations and external relationships to enhance the work of the YWCA.
- Establish best practices for staff engaging in the work of the YWCA every day.
- Ensuring the mission of eliminating racism is reflected in all work of the YWCA of Kitsap County.
- Review financials, evaluate facilities, and lead staff teams in delivering services on a daily basis.
- Establish evaluation criteria for current programs.
- Completing grants and grant reports to maintain funding and grow engagement with the funding community.
- Maintain frequent connections with stakeholders and form new relationships, representing the YWCA Kitsap County mission and brand to the greater community.
- Build donor relations and actively bring unrestricted dollars to the YWCA of Kitsap County.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences to develop strong ties in the domestic violence and social justice communities.
- Utilize board members, volunteers, and supporters in reaching clients, service providers and donors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to YWCA vision, mission, and values.
- Understanding of and engagement with best practices in providing DV services.
- Experience with managing a small nonprofit including finance, fundraising and staff oversight.
- Ability to think long term with vision and apply that to the strategic plan.
- Works with the upmost integrity and provides transparency when needed.
- Work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people.
- Apply reasonable standards of safety and recognize unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The YWCA of Kitsap County seeks candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills in some or all the following areas:
- Experience serving as the CEO, Executive Director, Senior Leadership Team Member or Program Manager.
- Work experience with an organization, division, or department of at least a similar size to the YWCA of Kitsap.
- Experience fundraising for a social service nonprofit including grant writing, individual fundraising and corporate giving.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent worked or lived experience.
- Exposure and training to domestic violence response is a plus.