Hiring Organization Information
The Roundhouse Foundation is a private family foundation based in Sisters, Oregon, with a mission to support creative projects and organizations through art, environmental conservation, social services, community leadership, and education. The Foundation’s vision is to create a positive impact through collaboration in communities by encouraging creative problem solving, innovative programming, and stimulating the economy. Roundhouse Foundation employees embrace and advance the common values of the organization: community enrichment, cross-generational support, arts and cultural awareness, and catalyzing change.
The Financial Services Controller works at the direction of the Executive Director to provide financial management and informational support for decision making. They report on the Foundation’s operations, day to day accounting, cash management, and banking relationships. This position will also work closely with Trustees with the Foundation’s Investment Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance related field.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in financial services. Experience with non-profits preferred.
- Critical thinker, natural networker and strong financial manager.
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of financial management and technical applications.
- Deep understanding of computer accounting programs, Quickbooks preferred as well as Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to successfully lead a small team in diverse functions
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Preferred demonstrated success in grant reporting and support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Personal qualities to include integrity, confidentiality, commitment to the Foundation’s mission.