Hiring Organization Information
New Beginnings strives to build a meaningful, welcoming, and equitable workplace, inclusive of diverse voices, experiences and perspectives. New Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors, Black, Indigenous, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ people strongly encouraged to apply.
New Beginnings values your lived experience. To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your abilities relative to this position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled. Additional agency information available at www.newbegin.org
RESPONSIBILITY: Represent the values and mission of New Beginnings to the community with compassion and integrity. Commitment to contribute to agency efforts to promote equity and social justice. Contribute to the establishment and fulfillment of the agency’s development goals. Support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors, including event sponsors.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
HOURS: 40 hours/week, primarily Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend commitments.
COMPENSATION: $56,000; medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; retirement contribution; paid vacation, sick, personal and education leave.
Foundation Relationship Management and Grant Writing (50%)
- Develop and lead the grant strategy and maintain and implement an annual grant calendar.
- Research and identify foundation and corporate foundation funding opportunities.
- Prepare proposals, cover letters and relevant attachments for identified funders ensuring all proposal guidelines are met.
- Consult with New Beginnings Executive, Development, and Program Directors and others as needed to ensure proposals are responding to current program needs, and the quality and accuracy of proposal related program information and data.
- Write and submit grant reports to foundation funders as required.
- Cultivate and steward foundation and corporate foundations as appropriate
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Director of Development, and Donor Relationship Manager on stewarding donors who give through family foundations and Donor Advised Funds.
- Track all actions in the donor database, and completely timely and accurate contact reports following interactions with foundations.
Corporate Relationship Management (40%)
- Develop and lead the agency’s corporate giving strategy.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate giving managers, completing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Identify and lead the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate sponsorships for the agency’s signature events.
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement Coordinator to enhance our relationships with corporate funders to offer training and other support to advance their knowledge of domestic violence.
- Track all actions in the donor database, and completely timely and accurate contact reports following interactions with companies.
Department Support (5%)
- Collaborate with the Development Director and other development staff on the creation of annual development plan, setting foundation and corporate giving goals, tracking progress throughout the year and course correcting as needed to ensure goals are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with the Annual Fund and Donor Communications Manager on print and electronic communications as appropriate.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure our development efforts advance agency equity goals.
- Participate in staff meetings, planning days and agency trainings.
- Participate in agency committee work as desired and appropriate.
- Participate in professional fundraising training opportunities.
- Provide hands-on assistance as needed immediately before, during, and after signature fundraising events.
- Provide back-up for administrative office staff: answering phones, receiving visitors, collecting and sorting daily mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Director or the Executive Director.
Willingness to learn about and promote equity and social justice within and outside of New Beginnings. Requires the ability to write with passion, eloquence and efficiency and three years of successful grant writing. Strong relationship building skills required. Also requires excellent verbal communication skills; ability to think strategically and communicate graciously with diverse people; working knowledge of MS Office products, especially Word and Excel; the ability to work well, and provide leadership, as part of a team; demonstrated success in handling a variety of tasks and project management; a dependable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance. Desirable: Working knowledge of Bloomerang.