Hiring Organization Information
The Roundhouse Foundation is a private family foundation based in Sisters, Oregon, with a mission to support creative projects and organizations through art, environmental conservation, social services, community leadership, and education. The Foundation’s vision is to create a positive impact through collaboration in communities by encouraging creative problem solving, supporting innovative programming, and stimulating the economy. Roundhouse Foundation employees embrace and advance the common values of the organization: community enrichment, cross-generational support, arts and cultural awareness, and catalyzing change.
The Roundhouse Foundation is currently seeking a Grants Manager and Office Administrator. This position provides programmatic and administrative support and maintains all information relating to the Foundation’s grantmaking role. The Grants Manager will report to the Executive Director and will work cooperatively with the Pine Meadow Ranch Center for the Arts & Agriculture (PMRCAA) staff, as well as with all other Foundation staff.
This position will manage Roundhouse Foundation grants through their lifecycle in an online database and ensure proper due diligence, ascertain all appropriate paperwork, and follow-up as necessary. The successful candidate will have relevant software expertise, work effectively across multiple teams, and excellent organizational skills. The selected candidate will also have the ability to multi-task and a ‘can-do’ attitude to ensure all projects are complete and accurate records are kept.
This position also serves as an office administrator for the Roundhouse Foundation and its programs. They serve as an on-site contact person for visitors and guests to PMRCAA. They will answer the phone and general foundation email regularly in a respectful and clear manner.
This position will maintain the organizations’ calendar. They will be responsible for coordinating regular onsite work including housekeeping and other activities. They will serve as a hospitality specialist for onsite meetings and events. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining the organization's website and electronic newsletter as directed by the Executive Director.
The position is based in Sisters, Oregon.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a minimum of 1-3 years experience in each of the functional areas listed below. Additionally, they will embody the following personality traits and personal profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in office and database management
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Google Suite and Database management (Foundant preferred).
- Exceptional organization skills and accurate attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize work effectively and manage multiple, time-sensitive demands.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; with a cooperative attitude and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated as well as the ability to function as part of a team.
- A critical thinker, natural networker with problem solving skills and an inquisitive nature.
- Personal qualities of honesty, transparency, integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Roundhouse Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Ability to reach out as a representative of Roundhouse Foundation within the Sisters and Central Oregon community.
- Relationships with nonprofits in rural Oregon.
- Multi-lingual; Spanish is preferred.