Hiring Organization Information
About Treehouse: Treehouse is a rapidly growing nonprofit with a 30-year history of addressing the academic and other essential support needs of children, youth, and young adults experiencing foster care. Our services operate throughout Washington State, and we are an emerging leader in the national foster care conversation.
Since 2012, we’ve dramatically increased the extended graduation rate for youth in care across nine counties—expanding annually—from less than 50% to about 80%. And that's just the start. We now are partnering with young adults well into their 20s as they work to achieve a career credential, living wage, and stable housing.
Join a team that is passionately committed to youth succeeding. With a mission of giving kids and youth in foster care a childhood and a future, we provide education-focused coaching. We partner to offer experiences and essentials that foster community connections, exploration, and growth. We fight for systems changes and join forces to pass landmark reforms that reduce inequities responsible for unjust barriers.
Well-loved, community-based and fiercely optimistic, Treehouse is uniquely positioned to partner with youth, schools, organizations, caregivers, social workers, and funders. Together, we improve outcomes from childhood through high school graduation and beyond, including a successful launch into adulthood.
We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
Treehouse currently has an opening for a Human Resource Generalist on our Human Resources Team. This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position based in Seattle.
- Perform full lifecycle recruiting including creating job descriptions, sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference checks, salary negotiations, and pre-employment screenings for hiring managers at all levels of the organization across all departments
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management
- Utilize social media and other internet search tools to increase candidate pool
- Report on effective recruitment dashboard data
- Partner with hiring managers to build effective sourcing, assessment and closing approaches
- Lead the debrief/recap discussions post-interview to help hiring managers reach the best hiring decisions
- Continually evaluate the sourcing and recruiting processes through a racial equity lens to ensure alignment with Treehouse values and deliver the highest quality results
- Stay informed on existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations effecting HR, especially those effecting recruiting & selection. Identify trends that could have impact to organizational objectives and/or operational resources.
- Provide internal customer service on a wide variety of human resource related matters.
*See full job description for a complete list of responsibilities
Salary and Benefits: The starting salary/rate for this position is $21.65 per hour depending on experience. Treehouse provides a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page, click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of a disability, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.