Hiring Organization Information
Wilburforce Foundation is a private, philanthropic foundation that empowers conservation leaders to protect the irreplaceable lands, waters, and wildlife of western North America.
Located in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood, our staff of ten occupies the dog-friendly third floor offices of the Greenfire Campus.
General responsibilities: The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operations of the Foundation’s core administrative functions. This work falls into seven broad categories: 1) provide general support to Foundation staff and Board with administration, data management, event planning, and other functions; 2) manage maintenance contracts, technology, and equipment; 3) assist with accounts payable and other bookkeeping duties, 4) assist with administration of payroll and benefits; 5) assist with administration of grant management processes; 6) coordinate use of meeting and building facilities; 7) manage general reception and mail distribution.
- Coordinates general office operations, including reception, mail, business machines, supplies, and point of contact with property manager.
- Pays bills, manages expense report process, maintains financial records and filing systems, prepares financial reports, and provides assistance during audits and annual tax filings.
- Undertakes certain personnel responsibilities, including: administration of benefit plans, managing payroll direct deposits, deductions, paid leave, vacation and sick time reporting, the administration of guidelines, policies and procedures, and other duties, as assigned.
- Oversees and troubleshoots computer network and office technology issues, working with technology consultants and/or appropriate vendors.
- Assists with receipt, tracking, and documentation of grant inquiries and proposals.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of Foundation grant making activities.
- Makes website updates and coordinates technical fixes with web designer.
- Coordinates arrangements for board meetings, annual retreat, program meetings and other Wilburforce events or meetings.
- Organizes and files documents, records, publications, and reports.
- Maintains office equipment inventory.
- Provides general support for all Foundation staff and board.
- Primary Foundation contact for conference room and other meeting facilities.
- Helps ensure that we operate with resource conservation in mind.
- Performs light housekeeping, as needed.
- Occasional travel related to events, retreats, or meetings.
- May be assigned other duties, as needed.
- A four-year college degree preferred, but we recognize the value of real world working experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize and follow up on urgent matters in a timely manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent knowledge and skills associated with computers and business software applications. Experience with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint), CRM database software (we use Salesforce), and QuickBooks is especially desirable.
- Ability to work with humor and grace in team environment, and provide support to other staff as needed.
- Skills needed: analytic, organization and problem solving, time management, customer service, and process management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours.