Hiring Organization Information
Amara is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial equity by offering programs and services to families engaged with foster care and to adoptees and families, post-adoption.
Bring your organizational skills, initiative and positive attitude to help Amara fulfill its mission! We are currently seeking a fill time Operation Coordinator to join our Administration team and provide support for both our programs and operational teams. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for handling the day-to-day details of the office such as tech and facilities support, vendor and client group scheduling, ordering supplies, completing HR generalist duties and supporting finance and various programs and teams. This position interacts with and supports all staff at Amara and is truly a unique position. The ideal candidate is both an excellent communicator and collaborator who is comfortable managing multiple priorities.
Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive for equality and justice in the way people are treated and the opportunities they have to succeed by working to address racism, unequal treatment and other barriers to inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds (including BIPOC, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities) to apply and join us in our work
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with Finance and our programs teams. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following;
HR Support (30%)
- Assist with onboarding and new staff with IT setup, HR management software setup, new hire paperwork, IT orientation and set-up, and facilities orientation when appropriate. Ensure proper and complete HR filing for new employees in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Overseeing and organizing staff credential tracking systems, documentation filing and staff reminders for expiring credentials, using a high level of attention to detail and organization.
- Assisting in recruitment in open positions by posting open positions and supporting hiring managers with hiring process, as needed in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Assist with administration of HR management software including ensuring proper data management, updating employee records when appropriate and assisting staff with the software when needed.
- Reviewing and responding to internal IT support tickets, resolving simple issues internally. Assisting staff with basic setup and researching and ordering new supplies or equipment. Escalating to outsources IT vendor when appropriate and liaising between IT vendor and staff.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment and perform necessary maintenance. Set up and maintain operational workstations when staff is stationed in the offices.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and CFO and outsourced IT vendors on organizational IT cost analysis and development cost-saving processes and protocols.
General Administration and Program Support (20%)
- Assisting program staff in data entry and procedural materials updates. Sending communication to and coordinating with families for events and trainings.
- Answering general inquiry emails and calls to the organization and occasionally staffing the front desk to greet clients, donors, families, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Ad hoc projects and additional duties as assigned.
Office Management and Facilities (15%*)
- Supporting and coordinating facilities projects, maintaining office and common spaces such as conference rooms and assisting staff and outside presenters in setting up meetings with proper equipment.
- General office management including maintaining an inventory and regular ordering of office and staff supplies. Coordinating in the servicing of general office machines (printers, copiers, etc.).
- Advising and consulting with Operations Manager on improvements to office maintenance efforts and office functions.
- Depositing checks, processing invoices, and other basic finance transactions. Remain cross-trained in and act as back-up for basic finance functions as needed.