Hiring Organization Information
The vision of the Housing Development Consortium (HDC) is that all people live with dignity in safe, healthy, and affordable homes within communities of opportunity.
Through education, advocacy and leadership, HDC supports and inspires its members as they work collaboratively to meet the housing needs of limited-income people throughout King County.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer. In carrying out its activities including membership, hiring and program services, the Housing Development Consortium Seattle-King County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, political orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
The Housing Development Consortium of Seattle-King County (HDC) is hiring an Outreach and Communications Manager to provide critical support for HDC’s policy/advocacy and member services teams, ensure timely communication with HDC membership, managing content creation utilizing the association’s key platforms: the HDC website, SharePoint, Salsa Engage and Salesforce. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends, and eager to collaborate with colleagues.
Are you passionate about:
- Creating impactful advocacy and policy messaging?
- Educating and mobilizing members and residents on affordable housing issues?
- Collaborating with policy and member services staff to deliver value to members?
If your answer is ‘Yes!’ please see the linked complete job description for further detail.
- Strong commitment to the issues of affordable housing in King County
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to organize and deploy effective information and knowledge management
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with Salsa Engage or other email communication/online constituent management platforms (MailChimp, ConstantContact, Vertical Response, etc.)
- Experience using social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Ability to seek out and translate credible research and data; identify practical performance metrics; and direct collection and reporting of evaluation data.
- Motivated by opportunities to address challenges and complexities
- Able to inspire confidence and engagement through a consistent professionalism
- Strong internal drive to deliver on expectations while maintaining quality, accuracy, confidentiality, stewardship, and collegiality
- Authentic respect for the official mission of HDC and for the diverse clients, communities, volunteers, donors, and staff who engage in it
- Consistently able to demonstrate the values and principles of HDC
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
Salary range is $57,000-$61,000 annually, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include a prepaid ORCA card, paid vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health insurance and 401k Plan. Mileage and parking compensation for work-related travel using personal vehicles is also available.