Hiring Organization Information
Earthworm Foundation (EF) is an international and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation is a non-profit organization that currently has presence in 20 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. We are a membership-based organization. Our members are companies who have made commitments to responsible sourcing and production practices. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future. As an organization we are committed to the following values that we look for in recruitment and promotion of staff:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for others.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through major national and international supply chains;
- A supportive environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team with passionate people.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated Part-time Administrative Assistant based in Seattle, WA USA with experience in office management and human resources, and who has excellent communication and writing skills, is passionate about working to generate value and interested in working with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
Responsibilities and Scope
Responsible for supporting the maintenance and smooth functioning of the nine-person US office and collaborating on work with global teams across the organization.
- Human Resources
- Support the recruitment, on boarding and off boarding of US staff;
- Support the on-boarding process for EF staff globally;
- Support the audit and maintenance of US employee files and confidentiality;
- Track and report sick time use by US staff;
- Update the US Employee Handbook and Administrative Guide.
- Financial Management
- Support the development and updating of budgets and financial reports for the US Office;.
- Issue and track invoices and provide follow-up communications on their status;
- Request, compile, review and report monthly expenses for the US Office;
- Support EF’s administration and finance teams with tax filings, tax payments, and audits.
- Office and Project Management
- Support tracking of all office equipment inventories;
- Stock supplies for office and kitchen;
- Co-administer office IT and technical systems, including phone and internet issues;
- Support liaising with US Office building management to coordinate facilities services and building-related operations;
- Lead in organizing logistics for office events, including planning and implementation;
- Open and sort mail, and file documents related to HR, finance, legal, and services;
- Answer office phone and check and register phone messages;
- Support senior staff with printing, scanning, copy-editing and formatting documents;
- Complete one-off projects as needed.
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
- Relevant professional experience;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word;
- Experience following and implementing administrative systems and protocols;
- Willingness to coordinate with remote offices and teams (sometimes outside normal working hours);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to rigorously ensure accuracy and quality in financial processes and outputs;
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Ability to deliver on time;
- Able to work independently once trained, and with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective prioritizing and carrying out multiple tasks;
- Strong written and spoken English.
Additional Helpful Qualifications (both lived and work experience are valuable):
- Experience or training in Human Resources, Contract Law, or Accounting;
- Experience in event or travel planning;
- French, Spanish, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesia or other languages a bonus.
In addition to the values and requirements above we seek candidates who are:
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Highly organized and passionate about producing high quality work;
- Positive, proactive attitude and oriented to practical problem solving;
- Flexible and eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Part-time position (80%);
- Based out of Earthworm Foundation ‘s office in Seattle, WA;
- Primarily desk work;
- Fitness to do light lifting of files, boxes, and office equipment in an office administration context.
- 20 days paid leave per year;
- Paid public holidays;
- Paid sick days;
- Full paid parental leave up to 10 weeks;
- Short/Long term disability and Life insurance;
- Health/Dental Insurance;
- Simple IRA pension plan with employer match of 3%.
- Valid work authorization required.