Hiring Organization Information
The Potlatch Fund Board of Directors would like to hear from individuals with a passion for enriching, sharing and protecting Tribal culture and traditions by increasing philanthropy for and among Tribal communities. Potlatch Fund has been operating since 2002 and is a Native led organization that seeks to inspire the Native tradition of giving by expanding philanthropy within Northwest Indian Country. The Fund operates in the four state region of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. Potlatch Fund’s Board provides strategic direction, fiduciary oversight and governance to the organization and complements an exceptional staff of six and many committed volunteers. Service on the Board of Directors involves thoughtful decision making, a lot of fun, and the satisfaction of serving the Northwest Native communities.
Board Members to be appointed will have these desired skills and attributes:
- Reside within the Northwest service area region.
- Be enrolled or descendant of an American Indian or Alaskan Native Tribe.
- Understand issues in diverse Native communities (culture, 2-spirit, age, economic, language)
- Have leadership and/or extensive professional experience with a Tribe or Non-Profit.
- Ability to generate support in Indian Country for Potlatch Fund’s mission and its activities.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the philanthropic funding sector.
Professional Accountant or Lawyer