Hiring Organization Information
Position: Project Manager
FTE: 1.0 Full-time
Location: Washington & Oregon
Reports to: Program Director
Spark Northwest is seeking a dynamic Project Manager to join our small staff of local clean energy innovators. The Project Manager will lead our Solarize and Energize campaigns to bring clean energy to low-wealth neighborhoods and represent Spark Northwest’s environmental justice goals in policy conversations with allied groups and in utility planning.
Founded in 2001, Spark Northwest accelerates the shift to clean energy one community at a time. We work with community-based groups, local government, and utilities to design and implement clean energy projects that shift power and wealth to marginalized communities in Oregon and Washington. Please visit sparknorthwest.org to learn more.
Manage Community Outreach Campaigns
- Manage all aspects of our Solarize and Energize campaigns, including developing work plans, budgets, schedules and contracts. These group procurement campaigns bring affordable clean energy options to underserved communities.
- Conduct culturally appropriate energy education and outreach to communities of color and low-wealth communities through public workshops, publications and speaking engagements.
- Communicate with program participants one-on-one to demystify clean energy concepts.
- Cultivate trusted relationships with clients, project stakeholders and funders.
- Develop assessment tools to evaluate and report on project effectiveness.
- Use Salesforce database to manage campaign participation.
- Help prepare monthly project invoices and review project expenses.
Lead Community Energy Advocacy & Collaboration
- In consultation with staff, board, and allied groups, create a work plan that establishes Spark Northwest’s short and long-term policy priorities.
- Represent Spark Northwest in policy and advocacy discussions with allied environmental justice groups.
- Build consensus and lead teams of external stakeholders in support of Spark Northwest’s policy agenda.
- Build new relationships with community-based organizations and allies.
- Engage in utility planning forums on specific clean energy policies and rules that promote a just transition to clean energy solutions.
Contribute to the success of Spark Northwest
- Participate in developing organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Contribute to written communication materials, such as newsletters, web site, fact sheets, news releases, presentations and reports.
- Represent Spark Northwest at events, conferences and other public forums.
- Hire and supervise part-time interns as needed.
- Assist in developing grant proposals to support new clean energy projects.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for creating solutions for our most pressing energy, environmental, and social justice challenges. They will be a team player and a motivated self-starter, and will thrive in a fast-paced and lively organization.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have three to five years of project management (or similar) experience
- Have a passion for clean energy and justice
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate initiative and can self-manage and work remotely
- Can juggle multiple priorities and unexpected outcomes
- Are experienced at using MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
We value but don’t require:
- Lived experience in low-wealth, immigrant, rural or marginalized communities
- Experience in political organizing/advocacy/lobbying
- Knowledge of clean energy (especially solar, energy efficiency)
- Familiarity with the electric utility landscape in Oregon and Washington
- Experience working with/in non-profits
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Salesforce
- A driver’s license – some travel throughout the region will be required