Hiring Organization Information
The Real Estate Development Associate works with all aspects of planning, development and construction for Plymouth Housing’s new construction, rehab, and capital improvement projects. Manages projects, under supervision of the Director of Real Estate, and is responsible for coordination with other departments at Plymouth Housing, funders, neighborhood groups, architects, contractors, and other vendors as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Responsibilities, accountabilities, and competencies; may not include all duties of this job)
- Manages projects and monitors work relations with contractors, vendors, and internal staff.
- Obtains bids and proposals from vendors and contractors and makes an analysis of the bids and proposals submitted.
- Tracks costs and processes draws and invoices.
- Monitors pay applications and construction submittals.
Duties include involvement in the decision process of all facets of:
- Site selection.
- Development of project budgets.
- Preparation of funding applications.
- Design development.
- Underwriting and financing closings.
- Construction management.
- Development closeout.
- Evaluating building needs by researching work history, physical assessments, etc.
- Tracking capital needs and managing capital improvement projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares written materials (correspondence, memos, budgets, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing timely reference information.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Urban Planning, Finance, Construction Management, Architecture or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: At least one year of experience in real estate development, affordable housing, real estate finance, construction, architecture or educational experience, or two years equivalent coursework.
- Commitment to the mission of Plymouth Housing.
- Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications; particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with customized databases and technology and conduct Internet research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving, time and project management skills.
- Able to research and make recommendations involving all phases of housing development including federal, state and local programs and regulations regarding the development of affordable housing; principles and practices of the real estate field; and construction and construction budgeting.
Master’s degree or advanced work in Real Estate Development, Finance, Urban Planning, or related field preferred.