Hiring Organization Information
Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused on safely reducing the need for foster care and building Communities of Hope for children and families across America. Founded in 1966, we work in 50 states, the District of Columbia and two territories and with more than a dozen tribal nations to influence long-lasting improvements to the safety and success of children, families and the communities where they live. Casey Family Programs values inclusion, diversity, equity, and respect for individuals in the workplace. We encourage candidates with diverse lived experience and perspectives from underrepresented communities to apply.
Casey Family Programs requires a COVID-19 vaccination for in-person work. Therefore, all employees will be required to present proof of vaccination status unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.
The Sr. Director of Strategic Engagement and Initiatives will work with the Managing Director and CEO to implement the work efforts of the department. This position will work in collaboration with the CEO and Managing Director of Strategic Engagement and Initiatives to develop this framework designed to strengthen CFPs response to meeting the needs of vulnerable Latinx children and families in order to improve their safety, permanency and well-being.
- Support the work efforts of the Strategic Engagement and Initiatives by effectively developing and implementing efforts that help Casey Family Programs achieve its organizational objectives
- Establish and maintain a wide range of partnerships with community based non-profit organizations, foundations, government entities, and philanthropic partners to design, develop implement, and strengthen specific relationships with the end result of building self-sustaining efforts.
- Support the completion and implementation of select aspects of CFP’s Latinx Child and Family Well Being Framework. Implementation would be in coordination internally and externally with other CFP workgroups and with specific relationships.
- Manage, coordinate and drive aspects of specific multi-sector community initiatives, including researching and gaining an understanding of community cultures and structures, identifying, cultivating, and securing partners to pilot, implement, or build initiatives with aspects of systems change and program delivery. Establish necessary support structures for effective operations of collaborations. In some instance, oversee efforts to transfer full accountability to community partners needed to maintain and sustain an ongoing focus on efforts.
- Develop and implement internal and external education and engagement efforts focused on specific topics and with a 5 sector stakeholder lens. Topics such as Faith based toolkit, Latinx Child and Family Well-Being Framework.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of all aspects of each initiative to include program design, development, implementation, performance results, outcomes, and recommendations.
- Attend and participate in a variety of community-based meetings. Prepare and deliver informational updates and presentations to community stakeholders and partners
- Support Managing Director in shaping and coordinating sessions for the CFP Board of Trustees on specific topics, including the development and execution of relevant site visits for the BOT.
- May manage work unit staff, ensuring effective support to achieve team cohesion and integration across work efforts, projects, and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA), Public Health (MPH), Social Work (MSW), or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of management level experience with community-based non-profit organizations, foundations, and government entities required.
- Travel of up to 50% may be required
- Must have proven experience in developing and implementing programs and organization evaluations, including data collection and analysis. Research design and implementation experience is critical, as is a working understanding of Latin cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences. Strong presentation skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with particular emphasis an attention to detail; the ability to work independently and handle multiple on-going tasks; and the ability to coordinate among multiple agencies and partners required.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlooks). MS Project is preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
- Local travel as well as occasional out of town travel may be required. Driving on Casey business may require use of personal vehicle; adherence to vehicle safety guidelines and qualification for insurance is required.