Hiring Organization Information
Rasmuson Foundation is a family foundation that stands out as the biggest private funder in Alaska. Our grants, initiatives and other investments average $20 million to $30 million a year. Focus areas spring out of our mission: To promote a better life for Alaskans. These core areas of funding include housing, homelessness, education, health care, the arts, and organizational and community development. We have been early investors in innovative projects that address significant societal issues such as alcohol misuse, oral health care in remote villages, and most recently, the devastation of the pandemic. We value bold leaders, strong partners and organizations with clear purpose. We applaud the ability to leverage funds and draw support from many. If these core elements aren’t in an organization’s bones, we help build on what is there.
The VP of Finance and Administration will work closely with President & CEO, the Board of Directors, and the Leadership Team. The VP will report regularly to the President and CEO on financial performance, supervise finance and operations staff, and manage relationships with outside counsel, banks, audit firm and contractors. The VP works closely with the Board of Directors by supporting the Board Governance, Audit, and Investment committees. The VP of Finance and Administration must enjoy managing a hard-working team and have experience working in an inclusive and diverse office and in a fast-paced environment.
- Governance Functions:
- Review, update, and maintain Foundation policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Foundation’s document and record storage, security and destruction practices and retention of critical historical and pertinent information.
- Responsible for risk management activities, business continuity plan, and the Foundation insurance portfolio.
- Serve as the lead for the annual auditing and implementation of any changes necessary to ensure compliance with financial and legal requirements and best practices.
- Support the Board Audit and Governance committees
- Financial Functions:
- Advise the Board, CEO & President and Leadership Team on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, and priorities.
- Manage the annual budget preparation process.
- Oversee daily finances by maintaining financial controls, accounts payable and budget to payout requirements.
- Support the Board Investment and Audit committees.
- Human Resource, Benefits, and Facility Management:
- Design, implement and maintain the Foundation’s HR strategy on compensation, performance management, recruitment, hiring, retention and career development.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state law and stay abreast of industry standards and trends.
- Manage and administer the employee benefits program.
- Serves as the point of contact for all employees to solve problems relating to their employment including issues involving other employees.
- Provide for the health, safety and welfare of employees and visitors.
- Ensure optimal functionality of the office reception, supplies and maintenance.
- Technology Management:
- Provide leadership in the planning, selection and implementation of enterprise IT initiatives & systems in support of Foundation operations to achieve cost effectiveness, service quality, security, and mission development.
- Ensure the Foundation has the technology tools and support necessary to achieve organizational goals