Community foundations play a vital role in strengthening our region, by working with individuals, nonprofits, businesses and other stakeholders to enhance the quality of life for residents in their communities.
At Philanthropy Northwest, we are committed to helping community foundations succeed in their work. Through workshops, events, publications and networking opportunities, Philanthropy Northwest helps community foundation staff and trustees stay connected to the issues that affect their communities.
More ways to take advantage of membership:
- More than 50 events each year (in-person and virtual) that offer opportunities for peer learning, networking and igniting new ideas
- Access to the National Foundation Salary Survey. Great resource for benchmarking CEO and other staff salaries and benefits.
- Access to repository of national staff databases on CEO/staff performance metrics and other governance material.
- Technical Assistance: We provide a variety of technical assistance to members about a variety of things including; grantmaking software, financial documents, job descriptions, benchmarking investment portfolios, etc.
- 1 free hour of consulting services with The Giving Practice (and additional reduced rate for additional hours)
- 1 free hour of consultation with PNW executives in residence who specialize in Impact Investing and Policy and Advocacy
- Member rates for PNW events and programming such as the annual conference - the largest learning event for funders and community investors in the region
- Apply for scholarships for our annual conference and other events too.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to host conversations with other board members from other foundations.
- Join a planning committee – we are always looking for more staff and trustees to play a more active role in asking us what they need the most!
- Submit questions to the various community foundation listserves, including the CFCEO listserve and the WACF listserve.
- Legal services: Ask our attorney to help with legal issues
- Free postings on our Job Bank
- Amplify your organization's impact through our website, social media, events calendar and blog platforms