The Mission Investment Database is a record of more than $1 billion of impact investments made by U.S. foundations and other philanthropic asset holders since 2010, collected by Mission Investors Exchange.
The below-market and market rate investments are categorized by asset class: real asset, deposit, guarantee, equity-like debt, public debt, public equity, private equity and private debt. They are also categorized by sector:
- Agriculture & food
- Arts, culture & humanities
- Community & economid development
- Employment & job-related
- Environmental conservation & protection
- Financial services (excluding microfinance)
- Human & social services
- Information/communication technologies
- Water & sanitation
Complete access to the database is a benefit of Mission Investors Exchange membership. Non-members may still submit their investments to the database, and can view the charts reflecting trends in the data.