Terms & Conditions
LAST UPDATED: April 1, 2014
Acceptance of Terms:
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of the Philanthropy Northwest (“we” or “us”) website and constitute an agreement between you and Philanthropy Northwest. By accessing and using this website, including all information, Knowledgebase, documents, communications, files, text, graphics, software, and products available throughout it, you agree to be bound by the following terms.
Intellectual Property and Copyright Policy:
Philanthropy Northwest grants permission to individuals and nonprofit organizations to reproduce materials from this website (except where noted) provided that users:
- attribute the materials to Philanthropy Northwest or to the original authors.
- affix references to Philanthropy Northwest on all reproductions
- make no changes to the materials
- refrain from any redistribution of the materials
We Are Not Providing Advice
Philanthropy Northwest provides materials on this website in order to advance the public interest for educational and guidance purposes only. We do not provide, and the information available through this site does not constitute, specific financial, investment, accounting, tax, or legal advice. While these documents may serve as an excellent starting point for drafting or revising similar documents, we strongly recommend independent judgment and the advice of competent legal counsel. IF YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS YOU MAY INCUR THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICE OR ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
You may not, without our prior permission, frame any of the content of this website, or incorporate into another website or other service any material, content or intellectual property belonging to us, our parent or affiliate companies, or any of their licensors.
You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on this site without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark.
Respect for Intellectual Property Rights:
Philanthropy Northwest respects the intellectual property rights of authors and publishers. We properly attribute and reference materials on our website. When hosting documents in our Knowledgebase, we only do so with the author/copyright holder’s permission. If you believe that your copyrighted material has been copied, posted, or distributed on this site in a way that infringes your copyright rights, please send written notice to our Designated Copyright Agent:
Chief Financial Officer
2101 Fourth Ave, Suite 650
Seattle, WA 98121
In accordance with copyright law, please include in your written notice: (i) a detailed description of the work you believe is being infringed; (ii) a description of the location on the site where the allegedly infringing content appears; (iii) your contact information, including name, address, telephone number, and email address; (iv) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by you as the copyright owner, by your agent, or by law; (v) a statement affirming that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notice is accurate and that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner; and (vi) your original or electronic signature.
Use of this website:
We reserve the right to deny access to this website to anyone who violates this visitor agreement or who, in our judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes the rights of others. We also reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. We will comply with the requirements of the law regarding disclosure of any messages to others, including law enforcement agencies. Without limiting the foregoing, we may immediately terminate your use of this website if you engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, libelous, or obscene;
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in a manner that disguises the origin of any content you transmit in any manner through this website;
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party;
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, without Philanthropy Northwest’s prior written approval;
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content or material that contains software viruses, worms or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications or other equipment, or to cause a security breach of such software, hardware or telecommunications or other equipment;
- Interfering with or disrupting any servers or networks used to provide this website, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide this site; Violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to (i) all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, (ii) regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and (iii) any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- “Stalking” or otherwise harassing another;
- Instigating or encouraging others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- Collecting or storing personal data about other users;
- Gaining unauthorized access to our website, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this website, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means; or
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this website.
- In addition, some of the materials on this website are subject to specific restrictions with respect to use. You expressly agree that you will comply with any and all restrictions. Any user who duplicates electronically or in printed form, re-transmits, redistributes, or otherwise uses materials on this website shall be solely responsible for any violations of copyright, proprietary or other personal right including libel, slander, or any other personal injury arising out of his or her use of such materials.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Philanthropy Northwest, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of these, harmless from and against any claim, demand loss or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party and arising out of your use of this website, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or your violation of the rights of any third party.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH IT, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS," AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT ANY STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. WE, OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, NOR DO WE GUARANTEE THAT THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
Limitation of Liability:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE, OR OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
Philanthropy Northwest provides links to other organizations and their information as an aid to our users. We believe all factual material contained in this site to be reliable, but we are not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the performance of, goods and services provided by others to whose sites we link. A link to another website does not constitute our endorsement of that site (nor of any product, service or other material offered on that site).
These Terms and Conditions have been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. By using this site, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the state of Washington in all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement or this site, and any legal action arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought in King County, Washington. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the site or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. These Terms and Conditions may be assigned or otherwise transferred by us in our sole discretion. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The following sections shall survive any termination of this agreement: We Are Not Providing Advice, Indemnification, No Warranties, and Limitation of Liability. Philanthropy Northwest reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time.
©2014 Philanthropy Northwest. All Rights Reserved.