Support Emerging Black, Indigenous and People of Color Leaders in Your Organization.
Host foundations are an important part of the Momentum Fellowship program. Hosts support professionals from historically underrepresented communities to participate in this program for 18 months. As a result, fellows gain valuable experience and skills in philanthropy, while your organization benefits from fellows’ perspectives and contributions. Fellows are also part of a cohort of peers and participate in learning and professional development opportunities together.
We're seeking foundations that are committed to diversity, racial equity and inclusion; invested in creating opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) professionals; and interested in supporting the leadership development of BIPOC staff.
Benefits to the Host Foundation:
- Invest in your staff by supporting their authentic leadership skills aligned with professional goals.
- Demonstrate your organization’s broader strategy on racial equity by investing in your BIPOC staff.
- Momentum Fellows get free access to all Philanthropy Northwest-hosted member and nonmember events.
- Fellows and host foundations have the chance to expand their network and build relationships with peers from a variety of foundations and geographic locations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Momentum Fellows will have an opportunity to present at Philanthropy Northwest events, contribute to blog posts and be featured in our newsletters. This creates the opportunity to lift up your foundation’s initiatives and commitment to racial equity.
How It Works
|Host Foundations will:||Philanthropy Northwest will:|
Frequently Asked Questions
While these FAQs were designed for fellowship applicants, you may find some of the information useful to you as a potential host foundation.
Current and Past Hosts
|Alaska Children's Trust||Meyer Memorial Trust*||Tides Canada|
|Artic Funder's Collaborative||Marguerite Casey Foundation*||The Collins Foundation|
|Bristol Bay Native Corporation Education Foundation||Northwest Health Foundation||The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation|
|Bezos Family Foundation||Oregon Community Foundation||Whatcom Community Foundation|
|Empire Health Foundation||Perigee Fund||Women's Foundation of Oregon|
|Greater Tacoma Community Foundation||Progress Alliance of Washington||*Momentum Fellowship Program Sponsors|
|Headwaters Foundation||Rasmuson Foundation*|
Momentum Fellow Host Foundation UpdatesMarguerite Casey Foundation Develops Future Philanthropy Leaders of Color
by Luz Vega-Marquis
Luz Vega-Marquis, former president and CEO of Marguerite Casey Foundation, discusses how the latest Philanthropy Northwest Momentum Fellow to join the staff reflects her dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion – and her leadership commitment to developing future philanthropy leaders of color.
Check out the latest updates from our Momentum Fellows and host foundations on our blog.