Add a Momentum Fellow to your team.
Host foundations are an important part of the Momentum Fellowship program. Hosts employ and support professionals from historically underrepresented communities to work at your organization as fellows for 18 to 24 months. As a result, fellows gain valuable experience and skills in philanthropy, while your organization benefits from fellows’ perspectives and contributions. Fellows are also part of a cohort of peers and participate in learning and professional development opportunities together.
We’re seeking foundations that are:
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Invested in creating opportunities for diverse professionals.
- Interested in adding a full-time fellow or supporting a current employee to participate.
How It Works
The host foundation will:
- Commit to funding (salary, benefits, travel) and supporting an 18- to 24-month position that offers a meaningful work experience for a fellow.
- Define the role needed at your foundation and develop a job description.
- Interview candidates and select the fellow for the position.
- Hire, onboard and train the fellow for the position.
- Provide ongoing management and professional development support for the fellow.
- Support the fellow’s participation in Momentum Fellowship networking, peer learning and professional development opportunities offered by Philanthropy Northwest.
- Contribute fiscally to support fellowship programming and operations.
Philanthropy Northwest will:
- Coordinate with the host foundation to define the fellow’s role and develop the job description.
- Manage the promotion and recruitment of fellow applicants.
- Work with the host foundation to screen and select a fellow for your foundation.
- Provide onboarding training and support the host foundation in preparing for the fellow and creating an inclusive work environment.
- Announce the cohort of fellows at the onset of the program and promote news about the fellows via social media.
- Organize networking, peer learning and professional development opportunities throughout the fellowship.
- Pair fellows with a coach to provide one-on-one mentoring and guidance throughout the fellowship.
- Conduct an evaluation of the fellowship to inform future recruitment and program efforts.
Current and Past Hosts
|Bezos Family Foundation||Progress Alliance of Washington|
|Empire Health Foundation||Rasmuson Foundation|
|Greater Tacoma Community Foundation||Tides Canada|
|Headwaters Foundation||The Collins Foundation|
|Meyer Memorial Trust||The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation|
|Marguerite Casey Foundation||Whatcom Community Foundation|
|Northwest Health Foundation||Women's Foundation of Oregon|
Frequently Asked Questions
While these FAQs were designed for fellowship applicants, you may find some of the information useful to you as a potential host foundation.