Resources for funders and grantmakers
This page covers information specifically for the philanthropy sector. Looking for more general COVID-19 resources? Go to our COVID-19 General Info page. Looking for a list of funds for COVID-19 efforts? Go to our Response Funds Tracker.
Philanthropy Northwest Funder Resources
- Philanthropy Northwest will host a virtual conversation on the Northwest's Funding Response to COVID-19 every Friday from 10-11 am PT until further notice. Please visit our events page to register.
- Philanthropy Northwest is hosting a COVID-19 Listserve for Funders. Please contact Danielle Crystal if you wish to be included.
Funder Resources Across the Sector
CALLS TO ACTION | STATEMENTS
- A Call to Action: Philanthropy's Commitment during COVID-19 | Join over 700 organizations who have signed the pledge to loosen restrictions on grantees and increase flexibility during the pandemic. | Hosted by Council on Foundations
- A Joint Statement Encouraging Increased Giving in This Time of Crisis | Nine leaders of philanthropy membership organizations call for foundations to increase their giving, even if it means dipping into endowments.
- Early Childhood Funders COVID-19 Resources by Early Childhood Funders Collaborative
- Funders Together to End Homelessness COVID-19 Resource Page for philanthropy
- National Center for Family Philanthropy has been tracking local relief funds across the country on an interactive map
- National Center for Responsive Philanthropy created a micro-site of resources for responsive grantmakers
- Native Americans in Philanthropy's COVID-19 resource page includes resources for tribal communities and Native-led nonprofits as well as interviews with tribal leader
- OneAmerica's Resource page for Immigrant Communities during COVID-19 is an excellent resource, and available in Spanish
- Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs resource page related to COVID-19 and public charge, including some resources in multiple languages
ARTICLES | REPORTS
- "Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy's Statement on COVID-19" | March 5, 2020 | AAPIP responded to the rise in racist and xenophobic actions directed at individuals with Asian heritage
- "Coronavirus Equity Considerations" | NAACP | Policy experts outlined 10 key impacts on communities of color and recommendations in containing the spread of the coronavirus
- "COVID-19: A Deep Economic Crisis in Indian Country" | May 13, 2020 | By Casey Lozar, Donna Feir and James Robert Colombe
- "COVID-19 Response and Recovery: Recommendations for Philanthropy to Support Immediate Needs and Long-Term Solutions to End Homelessness" | May 5, 2020 | Funders Together to End Homelessness
- "COVID-19: Using a Racial Justice Lens Now to Transform Our Future" | March 30, 2020 | By Lori Villarosa in Nonprofit Quarterly
- "Equity, Justice and Making Meaning of COVID-19" | April 21, 2020 | Just Lead Washington | Breaks down considering our work in times of crisis into a four-part phase-based thinking approach and covers essential adaptive leadership behaviors
- "How the COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Bill would Affect Nonprofits" | National Council of Nonprofits
- "Resiliency in Crisis: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Urban American Indian Nonprofit Sector" | National Urban Indian Family Coalition | Recommendations for philanthropy are included on page 13 of the report.
- "The COVID-19 Gender Equity Landscape" | May 1, 2020 | This piece by the Women's Foundation of Oregon shares data about violence against women, systemic racism, the cost of caregiving, reproductive justice, the wage/wealth gap, economic fragility, mental health and the public/private glass ceiling among other indicators.
- "2020: Local Foundation Funding for Immigrant and Refugee Groups" | National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy | This NCRP analysis of the latest publicly available data shows how, as a whole, the largest local foundations are failing to provide financial support that is proportional to the number of immigrants and refugees in their states and the threats they face.
WEBINARS | VIRTUAL SESSIONS | PODCASTS
- "COVID-19 Coronavirus: How Philanthropy Can Respond" | March 5, 2020 | A webinar from the Center for Disaster Philanthropy | Speakers discussed the role philanthropy can play during pandemics including advocacy, sharing accurate messaging, and funding preparedness, response and mitigation.
- "Keep Calm and Check Your Bias" | March 26, 2020 | A New York Public Radio WNYC Studios podcast with Dr. Gail Christopher that examines how racial bias is and will show up in our COVID-19 responses
- "Supporting Immigrant Communities in Uncertain Times" |March 13, 2020 | The closing plenary from Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugee's (GCIR) 2020 National Convening. Speakers discussed how COVID-19 is affecting their communities, their organizations, the 2020 census, the upcoming election and how they are responding in real-time.