On June 23, 2016, a deadlocked Supreme Court left in place — at least for now — a lower court decision halting the implementation of expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA). This ruling prevents an estimated five million unauthorized immigrants from gaining protection from deportation and work authorization — dealing a significant blow to millions of families that had hoped to be able to live free from fear of separation, improve their financial future and deepen their roots in our society.
Join Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR) and co-sponsors, including Philanthropy Northwest, for a one-hour national webinar to:
- Learn the details of Supreme Court’s announcement, it’s reverberations in immigrant communities across the country, and what the future may hold for DACA and DAPA.
- Hear strategies funders are pursuing to reaffirm the value and contributions of immigrants in our society in light of this development.
- Discuss possible philanthropic responses to address both short- and long-term community needs.
- Please register before June 28. This webinar is free and only open to grantmakers. The dial-in information and webinar link will be sent out a day before the program.
Co-Sponsors: (to date)
- Colorado Association of Funders
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington
- North Carolina Network of Grantmakers
- Northern California Grantmakers
- Philanthropy New York
- Philanthropy Northwest
- San Diego Grantmakers
- Southeastern Council of Foundations
- Southern California Grantmakers