Please join us for a briefing on EPIP's recent report: Dissonance & Disconnects: How entry- and mid-level foundation staff see their futures, their institutions, and their field. The report examines the thoughts and feelings of early- and mid- career practitioners on philanthropy, including participants’ experiences at work, the alignment between their institutions’ practices and their values, and how participants see their futures in the sector.
During this webinar, we will:
- Summarize the report's findings
- Take questions about the report and what it could mean for you and for your organization, and
- Get your thoughts on how foundations are already acting on these issues and what could be done better.
- Date: Thursday, September 27
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm (PT)
- Cosponsors: Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)
- Dial-in information will be provided upon registration
Moderated by: Tamir Novotny, Executive Director, EPIP
Tamir became Executive Director of EPIP in 2015, following a three-year engagement with the organization. Starting as a chapter leader in New York, Tamir went on to join EPIP’s national team, supporting chapters in the Northeast and advising the national leadership. Prior to his appointment, Tamir held multiple positions over nine years at Living Cities, a philanthropic collaborative focused on improving the lives of low-income urban residents. Most recently, Tamir developed and launched the City Accelerator, a $3,000,000 initiative to speed the spread of municipal innovation, and the Civic Tech and Data Collaborative, a partnership to harness the power of technology and data to address issues like criminal justice and youth employment.
This Briefing is For:
- Practitioners in their early- and mid- career interested in understanding their own experience relative to that of their peers
- Senior leaders at foundations and philanthropy-serving organizations interested in staff engagement, equity and social justice, and organizational learning and effectiveness
Registering is a three step process. 1) Please click on the orange "Register Now" button in the box on the right. 2) The same page will reload but this time click on "Cart" at the top of your screen. 3) A Shopping Cart page will appear. Click on the orange "Checkout" button. You should receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive one, you did not register successfully. If this is your first time registering, you will need to create a user account. If you have trouble registering please contact Kelley Bevans, firstname.lastname@example.org