About this event
For nonprofit leaders – both board and staff – leading through periods of change can be challenging. This year The Foraker Group will examine various aspects of change as the subject of its Leadership Summit, which will be held April 20-21 at the Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage. The theme of the conference is Transform. Create. Lead: As a sector – As organizations – As individual leaders.
Summit speakers will look at how change affects our daily work, and how we can prepare ourselves to manage change.
Foraker is bringing together national and international leaders who are well known in the field of structural transformation and the impact it has on organizations and individuals, including:
- Meg Wheatley, an internationally acclaimed writer and speaker on creating effective organizations
- Zaid Hassan, author of The Social Labs Revolution: A New Approach to Solving Our Most Complex Problems
- Richard Evans, CEO of EmcArts and a partner with Foraker and Rasmuson Foundation on an arts initiative called New Pathways
- Steve Patty, founder of Dialogs in Action, an expert on evaluation
- Tim Delaney, CEO of the National Council of Nonprofits
- Judith Alnes, Executive Director of MAP for Nonprofits, a Minnesota based organization with a specialty in collaborations
- Kate Cherrington and Bentham Ohia, indigenous Māori from New Zealand and leaders in the Advancement of Māori Opportunity and its sister organization Americans for Indian Opportunity who will explore values-based change
or call 907-743-1200