Considering diverse perspectives and experiences is critical to effective grantmaking and foundation programming. Practicing equity requires the activation of a specific set of soft skills and a slowing down to reflect on the ways we can facilitate a more equitable and inclusive grantmaking process. In this hands-on training, you will:
- Identify ways to apply an equity lens to design programs and grantmaking strategies that are inclusive and accessible to communities of color and underserved populations.
- Gain understanding of racial equity in the context of philanthropy.
- Practice with case-studies and run-through personal skills that are important to build your capacity to incorporate an equity lens into your work.
- Hear from a panel of practitioners in philanthropy that are incorporating equity work into their programs and grantmaking.
- Take home skills and tools that will help you take action in applying an equity lens in your role and grantmaking practice.
This training is designed for mid- to senior-level foundation program staff who are at the beginning of their thinking about how to apply equity in the practice of grantmaking and program development.
For any questions, contact Gloris Estrella, program manager.
This event is at capacity. Email Gloris Estrella for information about the waitlist for future events.