About this event
The event will reveal insights from the African American Financial Capability Initiative (AAFCI), a three-year effort facilitated by Prosperity Now (formerly CFED). The initiative supports communities of practice that tailor financial stability projects to the needs of six communities across the Pacific Northwest and the Midwest through the collaborative work of 30+ black-led nonprofits in Portland, Oregon; Seattle and Tacoma, Washington; Des Moines, Iowa; Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Each community of practice addresses the racial wealth divide with innovative approaches.
In addition to presenting findings from the AAFCI, Prosperity Now’s Racial Wealth Divide Initiative (RWDI) team will showcase its unique approach to technical assistance for local organizations working to innovate economic systems through a racial equity lens. You’ll hear about lessons learned and successful concepts that can be applied to other efforts.
The event is being held in Washington, DC, but you can participate through a free live stream provided by Prosperity Now.
Featured speakers (Read full bios here.)
- Andrea Levere - President, Prosperity Now
- Lillian Singh - Director of Racial Wealth Divide Initiative, Prosperity Now
- Kevin Walker - President and CEO, Northwest Area Foundation
- Dr. Kilolo Kijakazi - Urban Institute Fellow and Director, Integrated Financial Coaching Project
- Dr. Darrick Hamilton - Executive Director, Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- Pierre Joseph - Program Officer, Solidago Foundation
- Gary Cunningham - President and CEO, Metropolitan Economic Development Association
- Leon Garnett - Chief Operations Officer, Byrd Barr Place
- Deidre DeJear - Owner, Caleo Enterprises
- Ambreasha Frazier - Project Manager, Minneapolis Urban League
Thank you to Philanthropy Northwest member Northwest Area Foundation for sharing this opportunity with us. Please contact Lyn Hunter, Philanthropy Northwest's director of regional strategies & networks, with any questions.