About this event
- New plenary speakers including Susan Desmond-Hellman, CEO of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Learn about Microsoft’s Technology for Good program during a campus tour.
Philanthropy Northwest is excited to partner with our region’s statewide nonprofit associations - Foraker Group, Washington Nonprofits, Nonprofit Association of Oregon, Idaho Nonprofit Center, and Montana Nonprofit Alliance – to highlight the spirit of reciprocity, innovation and place in the Northwest with the track PNW: The Creative Edge. Sessions include: Ready, Set, Collaborate (Speakers: Jan Jaffe & Ted Lord, Senior Partners, The Giving Practice, Philanthropy Northwest); Meeting the Moments: Sharing Your Knowledge for Influence; (Speakers: Kristen Holway & Mark Sedway, Senior Partners, The Giving Practice, Philanthropy Northwest); Mind the Gap: Exploring the Relationship between Large and Small Nonprofits; Nonprofit Backbone Networks; Nonprofits = Social Driver + Economic Engine.
Other tracks are:The Business of Change; Impact & Evaluation; Democracy & Social Justice; Strategic Communications; Innovation & Technology; Leadership & Governance
The 2014 Independent Sector conference also offers customized content for a range of audiences as diverse as the sector. In addition to the general sessions and plenaries, there are programs for specific audiences, including:
- CEO Track: In these sessions, chief executives of Independent Sector members share closed-door, peer-to-peer exchanges on issues relevant to running their organizations.
- Public Policy Action Institute: Join leaders, advocates, and communicators to discuss policy issues vital to the work of our sector and the needs of our communities.
- NGen: This premier pre-Conference program gathers sector leaders 40 and under to network and develop their leadership skills and capacities.
- C-Suite: A new peer network for senior executives offering strategies to help you make crucial decisions while staying in lock-step with your CEO.
- Main Conference (November 16–18): PartnerPNW
- Public Policy Action Institute Pre-Conference (November 15–16): PPAIPNW
- Pre-Conference: (November 15–16): NGENPNW
- Visit the conference website
- View a tentative agenda
- View registration information
- Download scholarship information PDF
- Download the conference PDF