Mission investing is a topic on the agenda of many foundation leaders, as they consider whether or not to expand their mission-related activities beyond their grants. Foundation finance staff can prepare for what’s ahead by learning from a practicing foundation finance officer and the professional staff at Moss Adams, LLP.
This one-hour webcast will help foundation finance officers discover how mission investing is treated from a tax and accounting perspective and:
- Begin to build a basic knowledge of the terms and structure of program-related investments and corpus investing that has social and/or environmental impact;
- Understand the effects of various types of foundation mission investments on the balance sheet, income statement and tax statements;
- Get a beginning understanding of the application of UBIT in certain circumstances related to impact investing;
- Receive in-depth technical information and an opportunity to ask questions of tax, accounting and foundation professionals;
- Learn how other foundation finance officers have successfully worked cross-team between finance and program to carefully document and measure social, environmental, and financial goals; and
- Identify resources for continued learning.
CFOs and other finance staff of foundations will benefit from this relatively brief but in-depth learning opportunity.
Continuing professional education (CPE) credit available.
Sayer Jones, Director of Finance and Mission Related Investing, Meyer Memorial Trust
Wendy Campos, CPA, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
Melanie Audette, Deputy Director, Mission Investors Exchange (moderator)
Host: Pam Amado-Demagajes, Marketing Manager, Moss Adams LLP