About this event
Please join Philanthropy Northwest, The Giving Practice and RBC Global Asset Management for a lively conversation about the governance and fiduciary duties that emerge when committees change their investment practices to take on racial, social and gender equity. Based on Mindful Fiduciaries at the Wheel: Ten Ideas Emerging From Foundation Investment Committees Working on Racial, Social and Gender Equity, foundation investing leaders will candidly discuss:
- Processes that help committees reflect on topics like racial injustice;
- How to lead and support committees for a long-term learning journey around new investing practices; and
- Re-examining concepts of power and fiduciary duty.
- Duane Carter, Ed.D, Board Vice-Chair, Northwest Area Foundation
- Dan Chu, Executive Director, Sierra Club Foundation
- Erika Seth Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Rhia Ventures
- Tim O’Donnell, CAIA, Senior Vice President, Fund Evaluation Group (FEG)
- Katherine Pease, Managing Director, Pathstone
Host and Moderator
- Mindy Frye, Institutional Portfolio Manager, RBC Global Asset Management (U.S.) Inc.
- Rosalie Sheehy Cates, Senior Advisor and Executive in Residence, Philanthropy Northwest & The Giving Practice
Please contact JulieAnne Behar with any questions.