About this event
This session is only open to registrants of the Philanthropy 101 five-part series.
Philanthropy 101 - Session 1: Speaking the Same Language
This is the first session in a five-part virtual series that helps all staff new to philanthropy better understand the sector. In this interactive course, you will discover the history of philanthropy, review a foundation's leadership and governance, learn an overview of grantmaking, debate the current big issues in philanthropy and explore the various roles within philanthropy. To learn more and register for the series, please visit the Philanthropy 101 event page.
- Explain what motivates philanthropies to give and the tax code that promotes it
- Discuss the role of the nonprofit sector as a service provider
- Identify what foundations are and what they do
- Identify the types of grantmakers and trends in giving
- Discuss the relationship between nonprofit, private and public sectors
Please contact Elyse Gordon with any questions.