Please join us for our Q3 Pierce County Funders meeting.
At this meeting we will hear from Jacques Colon, the 2025 Strategic Manager for the City of Tacoma. Building off of our last meeting where we heard from local experts in the community on key demographic information, Jacques will share out on the strategic vision of what the city of Tacoma is doing around engagement, strategy, implementation of the plan, and how equity plays a strong role in all of this work.
Come and learn about this exciting initiative and see how the role of philanthropy can play a part!
Eligibility: Participation in this meeting is open to philanthropic organizations that are currently making grants in Pierce County. This includes corporate giving offices, private and public foundations, community foundations, government grantmakers and CDFI institutions with a philanthropic focus. You do not need to be a Philanthropy Northwest member to participate but do need to represent an organizational philanthropic institution. It is not appropriate for non-profit organizations or individuals to attend. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact Danielle Crystal at email@example.com.
Background: Philanthropy Northwest supports the Pierce County Funders Group, a network of our members and other grantmakers who fund in Pierce County. It is currently co-chaired by Gina Anstey, The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation; Jessica Case, The Medina Foundation; and Holly Hunt, The Bamford Foundation.
The Pierce County Funders Group is a network of grant makers who make investments in Pierce County. The group meets quarterly with a focus on learning, connection, and alignment:
- Learning – Continuously expand knowledge about the community and examine both the assets and opportunities present in Pierce County.
- Connection – Network with peers, both formally and informally, to learn more about the work taking place in and being planned for Pierce County.
- Alignment – Identify opportunities for collaboration, leveraging resources to achieve greater impact.
As a group, are values are to:
- Maintain the stability, growth and well-being of Pierce County as the focus.
- Continue learning about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and practice incorporating a DEI lens to the work
- Create a safe space for discussion where good intention is assumed, and confidentiality and discretion are maintained
How to Register: If this is your first time registering, you will need to create a user account by clicking on the orange "Login to Register" button then follow the orange prompts to create a new account. Creating a new account may take up to 2 hours, so please be patient.
If you have registered with us before 1) Login and click on the orange "Register Now" button in the box on the right. 2) The same page will reload but this time click on "Cart" at the top of your screen. 3) A Shopping Cart page will appear. Click on the orange "Checkout" button. You should receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive one, you did not register successfully so please contact us for assistance.
Please contact Danielle Crystal for questions and technical assistance.